DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Get popup Applying Microsoft Disk Quota Policy, every time system boots

Mycroft is offline New Member

Default Get popup Applying Microsoft Disk Quota Policy, every time system boots

Hi all:

Hope this is the correct forum.

Every time I boot my system, just after the blue background screen appears and just before the login screen comes up, I get a message stating: "Applying Microsoft Disk Quota Policy". It sits there for approx 30 seconds (seems longer) then the boot completes successfully. This is accompanied by an event in the 'System' event logs. It throws an event ID of 1085 which, from what I can tell, is a generic event for Disk Quota and about ten other items. There is no further info that I can find in TechNet.

I've checked each of my hard-drives (C & D) and the two USB drives and all have quotas disabled. I've been through the Group Policy MMC and as far as I can tell there is nothing about disk quotas being configured, but I could easily have missed something.

Unfortunately I can't remember when this first showed up.

System info:

Win 7 Ultimate x64 running on Asus MB M4N72-E, AMD Phenom quad-proc 2.8 Ghz CPU, 8 GB Kingston ddr2, 1TB (C) and 1 160GB (D) drives.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mycroft

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I trust you have logged in as an Admin and unchecked 'Enable quota management' from the Quota settings and clicked on Apply > OK.

Just curious, does the 'traffic light' in this box show red light? It should! Then there is no reason why you should still be getting this message...

Nevertheless, pls see if something here helps you:

HOW TO: Configure Disk Quotas for a Shared Disk in a Cluster

Managing Disk Quotas

Lets hope someone can here throw more light on this.

Mycroft is offline New Member

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I was logged in as an admin when I disabled the Quota settings and clicked on Apply.
    Sorry, don't see any 'traffic light' in the box showing a red light. I'll follow the link and go thru it carefully and get back to you.

Mycroft

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Hi HappyAndyK:

I verified that nothing is configured for Disk Quotas, or for that matter, NONE of the items in the Group Policy Object listings, nothing!

Also, I should correct my original statement. I did NOT disable Quota settings on the hard drives, when I verified them they were already in the disabled state. The quota settings were NOT checked and I'm still getting the notification.

Can you think of anything else?

Tomorrow I'm going to search the registry to see if I can find where the settings for this are located.

Thanks again,

Mycroft

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Just a thought ... could it be some third party software you installed, doing it?