DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: The use of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bits

hansdecocq is offline New Member

Default The use of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bits

Hello

My System: 8 processor system, 16 GB memory installed and OS is Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate.

Question: How to configure my system to make use of all the available memory.

Symptoms: Max memory used by my system is approx 3 GB

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

Your system will only use what it needs currently my system is using 1988MB of 7166MB but will use more as required like gaming.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

hansdecocq is offline New Member

copieed from the link thewindowsclub site "physical-memory-limits-for-windows-7

"Limits on memory and address space vary by platform, operating system, and by whether the IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE value of the LOADED_IMAGE structure and 4-gigabyte tuning (4GT) are in use."

If I do understand the above phrase correctly, this is referring to the linker settings, "a station in the past", because I do compile and link anything.

I do use the Window 7 Ultimate version (> 190GB addressable) but whatever program I use I stick arround the 3 GB memory use in windows 7. (O+O Clever Cache shows me realtime the use of my memory) that's why I'm looking for a solution. Disabbeling Clevercache makes no difference in (use of amount of) memory behaviour.

I read on the net there is a patch (from some Russian guys) that can patch the OS so it (Windwos 7) makes use of all available memory. But before I uberhaupt thinking of that kind of a solution, I first I need to know ( to be sure) my 18 GB totally will be used

Is there a kind of simple load program arround to fillup memory and to see or memory is swapped or filled?