DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: TaskBackgroundConfigSurveyor: The task image is damaged

julio99 is offline Beginner

Default TaskBackgroundConfigSurveyor: The task image is damaged

TaskBackgroundConfigSurveyor: The task is damaged or has been tampered with.

That is the error I get when I open Task Scheduler. It just makes the error sound and it pops up I have no idea why and that is why I'm here. If it's a task I can't find it.

About a week ago I did an Acronis Backup to a month earlier and the error was gone. A couple of days later and it's back.

The path for this is System32/Tasks/Microsoft/Windows/PerfTrack/BackgroundConfigSurveyor. I was just about ready to delete the folder but I thought I better check wit you all first and see if I can get some help at getting this error fixed.

This error happens when I open the Task Scheduler. I'm running Windows 7 HP on an Acer laptop. 4GB RAM/32Bit

LeeW is offline Gold Member

When it displays the message: The task is damaged or has been tampered with does it display anything after that ?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I take it you have tried another Acronis restore, ran a chkdsk scan, ran the system file checker and ensured that Task Scheduler Service is running and set on Automatic!

Under the circumstances, I think deleting the folder will help. But first back it up to another location, maybe your desktop, and then delete it.

Hope it helps!

Yes I've done all that except the Acronis recovery because that will just take me back to the date and it'll(the File) will just come back like it did last time. I did do the chkdsk and sfc /scannow and integrity was good on both. No problems. I sure would like to know what the heck this file is for. Oh well, if I back it up and create a restore point, what could go wrong. I guess I 'll try this and see what happens .

Quote Originally Posted by L.W View Post
    When it displays the message: The task is damaged or has been tampered with does it display anything after that ?
    Nothing. You just get the error and then it just opens like it's supposed to when you close the error.