Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Network and Sharing Center won't open in Windows 7

f0r54k3n is offline New Member

Default Network and Sharing Center won't open in Windows 7

Greetings The Windows Club

I have Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 32bit..
    I need help please, I tried to reconfigured my Local Area Connection, but when I right click on Network and Sharing Center on the system tray, then I choose Open Network and Sharing Center, it doesn't appear anything, no error/warning messages. So I tried to open it via control panel, but it still same, it won't open. How to fix this issue?
    I've already googling to fix this, but none of the results works for me
    So please, guide me to fix this problems

Thanks a lot for ur attention

ankur is offline Microsoft MVP

Try to follow the steps given here - http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...3-8a37d9e9762d
    If it doesn't works do let us know,we would find another way

First of all, thank a lot for ur reply Ankur..
    Nope..It doesn't works.
    It say:
    Code:
    System error 1378 has occurred.
    The specified account name is already a member of the group
    So I try this, net localgroup Administrators Local Service /delete, it works. Then I try to add again, but it still same, cannot open Network and Sharing Center.
    I can't even open View network status and tasks on Control Panel>Network and Internet.

There is no warning dialog box appears at all, so I can't troubleshoot it. It's weird, coz a weeks ago everything is normally.

Thanks again Ankur

ankur is offline Microsoft MVP

Try this method-

Right click "Computer" >>Click "Manage"
    Under the "System Tools" section, Double click "Local Users and Groups" >>Click "Groups"
    Right click "Administrators"
    Click "Add to group..."
    Click "Add"
    Click "Advanced"
    Click "Find Now"
    Double click "Local Service"
    Click "Ok"
    "NT Authority\Local Service" should show up in the list now
    Click "Ok" >>Close Computer Management and reboot.

If it doesn't works then try to uninstall the drivers for the network adapters and install from the official sites ( and not from the Windows Update ).

I'm sorry Ankur, I've already reinstall my 7 before I read ur suggestions. But it might help someday for others..Thanks for ur help..
    But now I have another problems..I just don't understand what happenedwith my 7 build 7600. Windows Update doesn't works. When I click 'check for updates', it say that I must restart windows, because the services is not running. Then I follow some suggestions from my friends that I must start Automatic Updates, BITS, RPC, Windows Updates on services.msc, but it still doesn't works. When I tried to start Windows Update on services.msc, it say "Error 0x80072726: An invalid argument was supplied".

What happened? Is it trojan,malware or virus?

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by f0r54k3n View Post
    I'm sorry Ankur, I've already reinstall my 7 before I read ur suggestions. But it might help someday for others..Thanks for ur help..
    But now I have another problems..I just don't understand what happenedwith my 7 build 7600. Windows Update doesn't works. When I click 'check for updates', it say that I must restart windows, because the services is not running. Then I follow some suggestions from my friends that I must start Automatic Updates, BITS, RPC, Windows Updates on services.msc, but it still doesn't works. When I tried to start Windows Update on services.msc, it say "Error 0x80072726: An invalid argument was supplied".

What happened? Is it trojan,malware or virus?

What type of Anti Virus or Firewall are you using? If you have an Anti Virus or third party Firewall, you may need to check the settings to make sure Windows Update is allowed
    Last edited by LeeW; 16th June 2010 at 13:06.

Quote Originally Posted by L.W View Post
    What type of Anti Virus or Firewall are you using? If you have an Anti Virus or third party Firewall, you may need to check the settings to make sure Windows Update is allowed
    I'm using Avira Antivirus and Windows Firewall. On Avira, I don't see any setting that related to Windows Update. On Firewall, I've already add wuapp.dll, wuauclt.dll, and wusa.dll(all I know that related to Windows Update) to be allowed by Firewall. But it still same.
    I've already tried FixWin v 1.1 by Ramesh Kumar, SMART Utility by Lee Whittington for The Windows Club, but still no respond.
    When start Windows Update on services.msc, it say,"Windows could not start the Windows Update service on Local Computer".

Stressful

On my SMART Utility that you used which Option did you use. If you selected the Advanced Setting it will disable the Update service. Using SMART, click the button that says Default Settings, this will revert all Windows Services to their original factory settings.

If this fixes the issue and you would still still like to use SMART, I would recommend using the Safe Setting and always create a Restore Point before applying any changes to your system

If you are still having trouble Navigate to
    Start Menu\Control Panel\ Adminsitrative Tools\Event Viewer

On the left expand the Windows Logs, View the logs listed under Application and System. Look for Errors listed with the Red Circle and see if there may be an error listed with an explanation on why it is not wanting to run.

May possibly list an error code that can be used to identify the problem

I'm sorry, but why when I want to reply ur post, it shows up : "You are currently not allowed to post URLs." ?

Although I don't insert any URLs, beside copy of Event Viewer as a text formatted.

Not sure why it wouldn't let you post that.I do know there is a minimum requirement before url's can be posted. If you like send it to my email LeeWhittington@hotmail.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast