DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: windows 7 64bit internet problems - does not detect any wireless signals

lukedabest is offline New Member

Exclamation windows 7 64bit internet problems - does not detect any wireless signals

hi i ave windows 7 64 bit installed and every so often my internet connection will drop and no matter what i try it does not detec any wireless signals or anything.
    The only way i ave found that fixes the issue is to reformat my computer every time i dont no what causes the problem and i dont like loosing all my information and games all the time.

im open to suggestions and willing to try anything you guys have to say.

My wireless card is a Belkin 54mbps and my computer is a custom build (can supply specs if needed)

Thanks for taking time to read this
    Luke

SoundMix is offline Beginner

Need more info.

Do you have a wired connection that works all the time?
    Do you have the latest firmware for your router installed?
    Have you changed any router settings?
    Do you get an Excellent, Good, Fair, or Poor signal when connected?
    How far away are you from the router? Try moving the router or computer closer if you have a weak signal.
    When it works can you detect other wireless networks? When it stops working do those other wireless networks dissappear also?
    Could this be interference from other routers, microwave, baby monitor, or cordless phones?
    Are you using an antivirus/antimalware program?
    Have you tried another router?

You should not need to reformat or reinstall Win 7.

lukedabest is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by SoundMix View Post
    Need more info.

Do you have a wired connection that works all the time?
    Do you have the latest firmware for your router installed?
    Have you changed any router settings?
    Do you get an Excellent, Good, Fair, or Poor signal when connected?
    How far away are you from the router? Try moving the router or computer closer if you have a weak signal.
    When it works can you detect other wireless networks? When it stops working do those other wireless networks dissappear also?
    Could this be interference from other routers, microwave, baby monitor, or cordless phones?
    Are you using an antivirus/antimalware program?
    Have you tried another router?

You should not need to reformat or reinstall Win 7.
    Hi i have a wired router on main computer thats always on.
    firmware havent checked.
    router settings have not been changed since set up.
    have between good and excelent connection all time.
    router is in the room below so roghly less than 10-12 feet.
    when it works yes i can detec other networks but when it stops working i cant just says no decivce connected (tried uninstall of device and reinstall doesnt work.
    no young children in the home so no baby monitors microwave never plugged in n only my mobile phone house phone is wired.
    Using kaspersky IS 2010 have turned that off while reinstalling and still doesnt work.
    Router change was the last option i was going to change but this one is less than 5 months old

Thanks for reading: Luke

SoundMix is offline Beginner

Has your set-up ever worked properly? Be sure to check for firmware update.
    Are you using the routers installation software for connecting? I've found that using Windows built-in software often works better.
    Have you tried going the support forums for your brand of router? Please do. You can often find helpful tips pertaining to your specific setup and may find suggestions that require changing settings in the router.
    Your problem could be interference. Phones, baby monitors, other routers, etc., just need to be nearby. Sometimes changing channels helps with interference, worked for me (check manual for how-to-do). If you have a dual frequency router you might try changing frequency, ie. 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz. to see if there is improvement.
    Have you tried connecting your laptop to another wireless network to see if it can maintain a connection? Borrow another router if possible. Or borrow another laptop to see if it works (keep both laptops connected to compare). Try anything to pin down the problem source. Good luck.
    Last edited by SoundMix; 13th July 2010 at 12:01.