DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Uninstalling Office 2007 to install 2010 HELP!!

hari623 is offline New Member

Default Uninstalling Office 2007 to install 2010 HELP!!

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and would lik anyone that can help me with the problem here. I've tried most of the ways i could find to uninstall the built in office 2007 in my laptop (Windows 7 64 bit).

Currently, i purchased the office 2010 64 bit but it a message saying that i cant install it due to my computer is still installed with office 2007. The message is this:

You cannot install the 64-bit version of Office 2010 because you have 32-bit Office products installed. These 32-bit products are not supported with 64-bit installations:

Microsoft Office Professional Hybrid 2007

If you want to install 64-bit Office 2010, you must uninstall all 32-bit Office products first, and then run setup.exe in the x64 folder. If you want to install 32-bit Office 2010, close this Setup program. and then either go to the x86 folder at the root of your Cd or DVD and run setup.exe, or get the 32-bit Office 2010 from the same place you purchased 64-bit Office 2010.

(I've tried using RipoutOffice2007 and Microsoft Fix it)

Thanks for the help everyone

roraniel is offline Gold Member

This is a common issue and there is a tool out there but I like Revo Uninstaller. Download and install Revo Uninstaller free version. Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

When you run Revo Uninstaller, click on the Office 2007 installation and choose the advanced option and click next.

Revo Uninstaller will start the built in office uninstaller. Go through the normal steps for that and let it fail (I assume this is your issue. It was for me).

After the office built in uninstall application has failed and is closed click next on the Revo Uninstaller window. It will do a safe scan of your computer for registry keys written to your computer during the office installation.

Keep clicking next until a list of left over registry keys comes up (there may literally be thousands of them but don't panic). Click select all and select delete. Click next when it is done.

It will now scan your computer for left over files and folders. Keep clicking next until a list of files and folders comes up. Click select all and select delete.

Click next when it is done and click finish. It may tell you not all files files will be deleted until the next reboot, in which case, do a reboot and office will be completely uninstalled.

This is the way I uninstall everything on my PC.
    Last edited by roraniel; 3rd August 2010 at 23:57.

hari623 is offline New Member

Thanks for your opinion but i use Revo too and i tried that long before i search for ripoutoffice.exe. the reason is when i clicked the office icon to uninstall office, it has no response whatsoever. i've tried it for a few times and the last time i tried it i waited for 4-5 hours then i gave up.

roraniel is offline Gold Member

It sounds like you have it partially uninstalled after earlier uninstall attempts (remnants still leftover). Try the steps in the link below from the MS Support. Be very careful to follow the steps exactly as described, I also suggest you make a backup of your system first.

How to manually uninstall the 2007 Office system if you cannot uninstall it by using the "Add or Remove Programs" feature
    Last edited by roraniel; 4th August 2010 at 00:27.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

herry165 is offline New Member

Default : Uninstalling Office 2007 to install 2010 HELP!!

How do I uninstall Office 2003, Office 2007 or Office 2010 suites if I cannot uninstall it from Control Panel?

How do I uninstall Office 2003, Office 2007 or Office 2010 suites if I cannot uninstall it from Control Panel?

Good Luck ...