DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: SpeedFan and Core Temp : Heat sensor programs for Windows

kr236rk is offline New Member

Thumbs up SpeedFan and Core Temp : Heat sensor programs for Windows

Hi

Is there a heat sensor program i can download please? i think the Win7 is overheating but i have no way to verify this :-o

Many thanks

Ric

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

ps. instant reply notification checked

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

You can try SpeedFan from here

SpeedFan is a program that monitors voltages, fan speeds and temperatures in computers with hardware monitor chips. SpeedFan can even access S.M.A.R.T. info and show hard disk temperatures. SpeedFan supports SCSI disks too. SpeedFan can even change the FSB on some hardware (but this should be considered a bonus feature). SpeedFan can access digital temperature sensors and can change fan speeds accordingly, thus reducing noise. SpeedFan can find almost any hardware monitor chip connected to the 2-wire SMBus (System Management Bus (trademark belonging to SMIF, Inc.), a subset of the I2C protocol) and works fine with Windows 9x, ME, NT, 2000, 2003, XP and Windows Vista. It works with Windows 64 bit too.

I have run it on windows 7 with no problems, oh and it is free.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

I use this one: Core Temp

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

I forgot about core temp. Thanks for the reminder and downloading now

kr236rk is offline New Member

Thumbs up Core Temp

thanks guys - i went for Core Temp in the end cos it was one i recognised. This system seems to be fine between 23-34 Celsius w/ cpu somewhere inbetween. Presumably the numbers go red if there is something seriously amiss?

the screen was 'trembling' very slightly earlier - i thought overheat but maybe something unrelated?

thanks again

Ric

ankur is offline Microsoft MVP

Core Temp is a great utility,even you can use Everest Ultimate edition, and the temperature doesn't changes to Red color even if it's too high..My laptop core have temperatures around 80 Celsius or so :P

iMav is offline Gold Member

I'm using Open Hardware Monitor and it's pretty good. Some GPU temperatures might not be shown.