DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Windows 7 on my laptop is dead after trying to install Mac X OS Leopard Snow

ms94uk is offline New Member

Default Windows 7 on my laptop is dead after trying to install Mac X OS Leopard Snow

Hi everyone,

I got laptop HP Pavilion dv7-3111ea, with installed Windows 7 in it.

I downloaded Mac X OS Leopard Snow and burnt it onto a dvd. I followed a video from youtube to get a Mac inside my pc I simply put a dvd into driver, pressed Esc and chosen to boot from DVD/CD, as video i went along and started to install it, before installation I created a partition around 20gb, for it, because I forgot to do this when i started to install for the first time, and in first installation try i was able to clearly see all the parts of my hard drive correctly named, then when i activated this partition, i started installation from this dvd again and this time parts of hard drive were names in some weird way, and i couldnt find my new partiton which was simply called new volume, however i found something similar which was 40gb instead of 20gb and i chosen it, i installed it with all drivers and when installation was finished was time to reset, so i did it and when u turned on my laptop i got diffrent boot menu in which, to choose which drive part with OS were called 0.2, 0.3, and 0.4. 0.2 was windows ( it wasnt windows boot menu ) i tried tu run windows but i could after windows 7 logo there was a blue screen and it went off, 0.3 ddnt work and 0.4 was this mac which i couldnt launch becuase it required to restart even if i did it 999 times ! as i chosen 0.2 i was able to repair it by repair menu but i ddnt hv installation disc or recovery disc.

so i put that mac dvd again and tried to earse data from this part of disc i deleted all the files and though everythin will back to normal but then when i turn on my pc all what i can see is HP logo screen with little description as always press ESc to run boot menu. I cant run anything, when i press any key it doesnt respond no matter how many times i tried to download recovery disc for w7 but it doesnt do anything.

Im really stuck i need help i dont wanna lose data but it there is a way to fix it i can lost all of it. also i ddnt do any backup so im pretty stuck, sorry for language im too stressed to think and stuff please help quickly!!! i cant do anything when i press the button all what i can see it this screen with logo and it doesnt change at all!!! mark please help fast!!!!

SoundMix is offline Beginner

There is a free program called MBRfix.exe that might help. Google for it. You will need to burn it to a CD or floppy, it is a very technical program.

You might be able to find and download a Win 7 recovery disk (not sure if it's possible or approved). Be sure it comes from a trusted site like MS. And be sure to get the proper version 32bit or 64bit OS. Search the MS site first.

Another option (probably the best) is to contact your laptop manufacturer and get a recovery disk from them. That's how I got one for my ASUS netbook.

Good luck!
    Last edited by SoundMix; 15th August 2010 at 20:01. Reason: addition

p229 is offline New Member

Ok first of all something like this happened to me and second of all i'm not the usual super awesome tech dudes that are on this site. So basically what happened I couldn't find the stupid system restore thingy and was going to go for a fresh restart (Was gonna ask my older brother how) but then i ran across the system restore thing and restored my computer. But then this is when things started to go odd. My computer was half Mac OS X Leopard (whatever it's called) and half Windows 7. When I went to computer properties it said Windows 7 Ultimate. But all my folders and icons were of Mac. I tried applying a theme but did not work. (Remember Im Noobie!) After when I just left the computer it just went back to normal, I didn't even have to restart. Sorry if this was just a useless post that didn't explain nothing. ( Notice: IM NOOBIE!)

skimskim is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by SoundMix View Post
    There is a free program called MBRfix.exe that might help. Google for it. You will need to burn it to a CD or floppy, it is a very technical program.

You might be able to find and download a Win 7 recovery disk (not sure if it's possible or approved). Be sure it comes from a trusted site like MS. And be sure to get the proper version 32bit or 64bit OS. Search the MS site first.

Another option (probably the best) is to contact your laptop manufacturer and get a recovery disk from them. That's how I got one for my ASUS netbook.

Good luck!
    Yup, sounds nice tips for sure.