DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: No connection on Bootup

TeXaCo is offline Windows Enthusiast

Default No connection on Bootup

I have been experiencing problems in the last month and was just too lazy to try to figure out what the problem was....until now.

Everytime I boot my machine, I have no internet connection for at least two minutes. Then all of the sudden, it pops on.

I have tried to see what services are starting and when but I'm afraid I have not had any luck in the matter.

Anybody have any suggestions on what this could be from or how to go about fixing it

Running Windows 7 Pro

Thanks

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Is this on Lan or WiFi? Does your computer use a connection assistant (these things though trying to be helpful can be a pain). Have you checked your Antivirus/Firewall settings to see if they may be causing it? Can try booting into Safe Mode with Networking and see if it is faster, if so then you know it is a application issue that is slowing it down. Also are you using a router, try changing ports. Can also try a different Ethernet cable.

Try these see if they help, if not fixed lemme know and I'll walk you through some other tests to try, slightly more advanced but sometimes help

Well, I tried the suggestions and here are the results.

I am on a wired router so I thought it might have something to do with it but I haven't changed anything on it so I boot into safe mode and it did the same thing. So then I boot into ubuntu that I have dual boot on the computer and in linux it works fine. So it is a windows issue. I use Microsoft security essentials and windows firewall. I didn't see any setting that would be causing this.

Not sure what else to check.

LeeW is offline Gold Member

How old is your router. Have you checked to see if there are any firmware upgrades for it? Also have you tried plugging the computer directly to the modem and check to see if connection time changes?

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

The router is probably a year or so old. I had already upgraded the firmware. I have not had time to plug it directly into the computer but, with my test with ubuntu OS, the connection came up immediately. So I don't think that would be problem although when I get a few minutes I will try it.

I'm stumped.

Just in case anybody was wondering. I did figure out what the problem was. After going bald from pulling my hair out, I was poking around in the Network adapter properties and found a driver still installed from when I had Outpost Firewall on that must not have gotten completely removed. After uninstalling this driver, everything is back to normal and I have internet at bootup with no waiting.

Thanks L.W. for trying to help, I guess I know for the next time