DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: What Is The Classic .NET AppPool Folder Under Users In Windows 7???

montecarlo is offline New Member

Default What Is The Classic .NET AppPool Folder Under Users In Windows 7???

Hello. I have a question. What is the Classic .NET AppPool folder that is found in the Users folder in Windows 7? It was just created earlier today by looking at Properties, many days after I installed Windows 7 -- so I assume it wasn't there right after I finished installing Windows 7. I have made many modifications to my Windows 7 lately, so I may of somehow created it without knowing that I did. So someone could tell me how I created it?

What does this folder do? It has inside it much of the same folders and files found inside other user type files, like my own user name file.

Now, do I need this folder? Can I eliminate it? Is there a way for me to get rid of it in the same manner on however I created it? Is it tied into some other feature or function that if I uninstalled, disabled, or removed it, I could get rid of this folder?

Please reply. Tell me about it. Do I need it and how does it work? Thank you!

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Have you installed IIS - Internet Information Server?

montecarlo is offline New Member

Thanks for the reply.

Okay, now I see what you are saying. I did check the box in "Turn Windows features on or off" for "Internet Information Services" & even "Internet Information Servies Hostable Web Core". Now, you saying that this user accout so called was created when I checked that box???

Now, that I did that. May I ask, what is the purpose of it? What does it work with? How would I use it or even need it? If I UNCHECK that box that I said above, would it then eliminate that user account from my users folder or not? Can I safely delete this so called user account if I do not want it?

Please reply. Thanks!

Hi,

I am not familiar with this, so I've asked someone to have a look at this thread and help out if possible.

Meanwhile this may interest you:

Ins & Outs of hostable web core : Kanwaljeet Singla's Blog : The Official Microsoft IIS Site

I have a reply from my IIS MVP colleague Muqeet for you:

Just ask the user to check the following links in the order given below… It’s pretty self-explanatory

Application Pool Identities : Configuring Security : Installing and Configuring IIS 7 : The Official Microsoft IIS Site

Service Accounts Step-by-Step Guide

Summary: It’s a virtual account (Feature of W2k8 and Vista SP2) created and used by IIS to serve applications that do not support the Integrated Pipeline Mode in IIS 7 by default.
    Hope it helps.