DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Lost copy and paste function in Windows 7

pinnate is offline New Member

Unhappy Lost copy and paste function in Windows 7

I've just lost my copy and paste (control c,X,V) functions. Does anyone know how I can get them back.
    I'm using windows 7. I can't find a clipboard exe file to look at that/alter settings. It might be my keyboard 'control' key (though neither left nor right control works). I've tried to update drivers but MS says I have the latest.
    Any ideas? Thanks

soumya is offline Windows Enthusiast

Go for Start-->Run-->services.msc in the right pane
    Try to start/ Restart the following services
    1.Network DDE DSDM.
    2. Network DDE.
    3.Clipbook.

If that doesn't work, system restore to a point where it was working

Also scan for viruses and spyware after updating your antivirus.

Alternatively click start and go to Run and type regedit

Then navigate to the following path - [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\Explorer]. Here check for NoViewContextMenu and see that you can see REG_DWORD value. Right click on it choose modify and set the value to 1. If it set to 0 then it is disable. Restart your system and check out.

You can also run CMD as administrator and type sfc /scannow to repair your installation

And lastly I would suggest you to download CCleaner and run a registry check and get rid of the temporary files.

winstonter is offline New Member

Hi,
    I installed windows 7 lately, but a noisy problem appeared after a few days of using it, that is some programs restart or even close when I do some functions (like copy-paste for example), as it shows me a message asking me to chose one of 2 options; check for online solution or restart program.It's happening most of the time now.Example for these programs: office 2007, Google Chrome.Can anyone please help me?Thanks.

viewofsoft is offline New Member

did you install any software with shell extension ? if so, download ShellExView to remove register key of suspect shell extension from registry