Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reliability Monitor - No data, reliability history missing after system recovery

soumya is offline Windows Enthusiast

Just upload to an image sharing site like imgur or tinypic and give the link here.

WaWa is offline Beginner

Hi Soumya,
    My (first?) picture is at: > walter.imgur.com < and it is called: > Taakplanner01-10middag.jpg <
    Thanks for you continuous support on this "never ending story".
    Kind regads,
    Walter

soumya is offline Windows Enthusiast

Please give a direct link to the image.

WaWa is offline Beginner

Ok, Soumya, here it is: ***walter.imgur.com/all/***
    I hope this is right.
    Regards,
    Walter

WaWa is offline Beginner

Soumya,
    The system told me that I am not allowed to posst URL's. So, I inform you differentely.
    ******walter.imgur.com/all/. You know what comes in the place of the stars.
    Kind regards,
    WW

Edit: http://walter.imgur.com/all/
    Last edited by HappyAndyK; 2nd October 2010 at 03:47. Reason: update. plus link added by Admin

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

You should be able to post links now WaWa

WaWa is offline Beginner

HappyAndyK,
    Thanks. meanwhile I hope someone can help me solving my problem of having an empty table in reliability monitor, without having te re-install Windows, wich is an overkill in my case.
    WW

WaWa is offline Beginner

Anyone any idea?

WaWa is offline Beginner

Just to inform you that the problem still exists.
    Kind regards,
    WW

WaWa is offline Beginner

Hi Soumya,
    and the others,
    Better late than never...

My Reliability Monitor works again!I went several ways trying to solve this ‘problem’, following advices I’ve got on a few forums (among some Belgian ones, three from the US: »social.answers.microsoft.com«, »www.sevenforums.com« and »forum.thewindowsclub.com«). Finally, an idea out of the book written by Menno Schoone: “Install and optimize Windows 7”, »www.optimizingpc.com« solved my ‘problem’ entirely. Of course, I will never know what effect [1] to [4] had. I only suppose they contributed to the solution.
    A list of the five things I did is following hereafter in chronological order. I am not sure if I am using all the time the correct Windows English terminology, since my operating system is in Dutch. Sorry for this.
    [1] Run the system file checker tool. → Check on How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7 mainly for sfc /scannow. This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem. Luckily for me there were none.
    [2] Reset the reliability monitor. → I put »eventvwr.msc« in the Start or Run window (Windows key + R) followed by »OK«. In the left pane of the Event Viewer, I double clicked on »windows Logs« to expand it. Right clicked on »application«, clicked on »Clear log« and clicked on »Clear«. Then I closed the Event Viewer. I checked »control schedtasks« also. Everything seemed to be correct with a planned update every hour.
    [3] Empty two maps: ‘PublishedData’ and ‘StateData’: → In Explorer, via »Organize» I opened »Folder and search options«, tab »view« and selected the dot »Show hidden files and folders« then »Apply«, »OK«. Opened Explorer again and navigated to: »C:\\ProgramData\Microsoft\RAC«. Opened the »PublishedData« folder, selected all the files in the folder and clicked on »Delete«. Then, I opened the »StateData« folder, selected all the files in the folder and clicked on »Delete« also. If there was anything left in the Reliability Monitor, it was supposed to reset clean. I couldn’t check this, since mine was ‘clean’ from mid-September onwards.
    One Forum said that this should be enough. In my case it wasn’t. It remained blank: just the table, no graph, no comments.
    Therefore, I went on doing two more things, one as I remembered from one or another forum (do not know which one) and the second as I read in the a.m. book.
    Only after I made the last one [5] (from Schoone’s book), my graph was visible and working again!
    [4] Change the ‘owner’ of the Event Viewer. → In the Run window (windows key + R) I put »eventvwr.msc« through Library > Microsoft > Windows > RAC > Properties > Advanced > Edit > Service to »Local System«. Someone with the same problem had done this to make his graph working again (note: through ‘Google’ I found out that this is a common problem with Vista and Se7en).
    Still I had no visible result, until this:
    [5] Change the advanced security settings for the RAC folder. → In the book from Menno Schoone "Installing and optimizing Windows 7" is written how to change the permissions to files and folders, in order to modify/enhance the accessibility. This gave me the idea to apply it on the map RAC as follows: using Windows Explorer > Organize > Folder and Search Options > View > Show hidden files and folders > Apply > OK. Then in the Explorer I navigated to C: \ ProgramData > Microsoft > RAC. With a right click, I choose > Properties > Tab Security > the group ‘Everyone’ and the group 'users' to completely control the RAC folder. Only then it was up and running again with a graph and the related comments! I was struggling with this since mid-September. I could hardly believe my eyes.
    Now I hope it lasts.
    Regards, Walter
    Last edited by WaWa; 3rd November 2010 at 05:15. Reason: correction

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast