DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Why does windows club sftwr come back hot with kaspersky

Pneuma is offline New Member

Default Why does windows club sftwr come back hot with kaspersky

My question is why does windows club software come back hot with pda.keylogger? Just wondering its not likes its just one thing off the site mostly everything i've d/ld that was windowsclub kaspersky says its a keylogger? Oh emsisoft online armor also detects it as a keylogger? Both the tweaker utitily for win7 and the startmenu icon changer. So question is this an aspect of how the programs are written or is this just a complete false positive? Maybe someone who actually knows what the deal is can answer my question. I havent been to worried thus far I did a reformat once because of it but then I went a month after I used it and no problems just wondering what the case is here?

Oh and sorry to post in two threads I don't know where this question is supposed to go!

LeeW is offline Gold Member

As someone who writes software for The Windows Club, I can guarentee you there are no keyloggers written in the applications. I would imagine it has to do with the way the applications have to write to system files and such. I would be more than glad to show the source to a couple of my own applications to show there are no malicious code written.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

If you mean our Ultimate Windows Tweaker, rest assured its a false positive.

The startmenu icon changer is not our release btw.

Thanks for the feedback

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    If you mean our Ultimate Windows Tweaker, rest assured its a false positive.

The startmenu icon changer is not our release btw.

Thanks for the feedback
    Its 100% free from malicious code.

Pneuma is offline New Member

yeah I've been using windows club programs for a while I was just wondering why kaspersky shows it as a keylogger? That was my only question oh and online armor firewall to.

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Pneuma View Post
    yeah I've been using windows club programs for a while I was just wondering why kaspersky shows it as a keylogger? That was my only question oh and online armor firewall to.
    Its not a keylogger that is for sure.

I checked it with my ESET nod and MSE and it says 100% clean