DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Problem saving files

Cloudchase is offline Windows Enthusiast

Default Problem saving files

For the past several days, when I go to open or save a file, when the open or save file window appears, it is slow to show the things it's supposed to show and until the open or save window shows all the things it's supposed to show, it won't respond to commands.

With the "save" window, it's slow to show all files in a folder of the same type as the file I'm saving.

With the "open" window, it's slow to show "all files" or whatever filetype have have it set to show.

Both the save and open windows are also slow to show the shortcuts I have in several of my subfolders that I use to quickly go from one folder to another.

This happens with every program, no exceptions, so it has to be a Win7 or Windows Explorer problem. The only difference is that the save or open window some programs take a second or two while others take several seconds.

I have no idea what could be causing this. I have not installed any programs for several weeks or made any other changes to my computer. What can I do to find and fix the problem? Everything else works just fine with no problems whatsoever.

LeeW is offline Gold Member

I have had this problem in the past but it was always when I had my Portable HDD plugged in. Did a little research on it and it may or may not resolve your issue but worth a shot.

Goto MyComputer, select Tools, click Disconnect Network Drive and disconnect any drives that are no longer available.

Source MSDN

Cloudchase is offline Windows Enthusiast

Thanx for your reply :-)

Tried that and I don't think that's the problem. The resulting "disconnect network drives" shows nothing and the "Computer" window in Windows Explorer only shows Local Disk C, Recovery D, Local Disk F (external hard drive used for backup) and DVD RW Drive E

rkonit is offline Gold Member

ok... Check "Is there any other icons/shortcut in (My)Computer except Hard disk drives and DVD drive.?"