DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Unworkable Windows 7 Explorer

Jerrymiah is offline New Member

Default Unworkable Windows 7 Explorer

When I click on the Windows 7 Explorer Icon, the Explorer does not open in maximize mode. When I mouse over the Icon in the Task bar, it shows that Explorer is Open but I cannot maximize it. This has been going on for 3 days now. May be it's due to one of the latest Microsoft Updates this week or it may also just be a coincidence. Whatsoever, I have not been able to use Microsoft Explorer since the. I have also attempted to start it using using other icons in the program manager but I still get the same result.

kunu is offline Windows Enthusiast

right click on the Windows explorer icon in the taskbar, then in the jumplist again right click on Windows Explorer. Now click 'Properties" and in the box labelled "Run", click on the dropdown arrow. Select maximized, click Apply, OK.

and if this is not helpful then you may try a program ShellFolderFix to set the size

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Do try kunu's suggestions made by him.

Use FixWinto Reset the Folder View to Default

Else run System File Checker and see if it helps.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Maybe there is a problem with the file association. Fix the exe from here.

Jerrymiah is offline New Member

I had tried all these but in vain. Finally I decided to verify my NVidia Graphic Card Settings. The graphic card was set up for 2 monitors of different format. I disabled the format I was using the less saved it and return to the Desktop. I then clicked on the Windows Explorer Icon and there it was, along with a slew a other Desktop gadgets that had been disappearing for unknown reasons. I ended having 3 or 4 of the same gadgets which of course I disabled to keep only one of each. Now everything if working fine. It has also cleared up some of the activity that was going on on my hard drive and internet connection about which I was wondering what was going on.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Glad to see that you have resolved your problem. Should you ever need to fix file associations, you can also check out our freeware File Association Fixer.