DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Blue screen of death - Stop code 0x0000008E

Eiseer is offline New Member

Default Blue screen of death - Stop code 0x0000008E

Hey, i got the blue screen of death on my computer and then i got this stop code
    0x0000008E (0xC0000005,0x82AAF9F2,0x9BB17BE0,0x00000000)

so i started up the computer again and it asked if i wanted to launch windows repair to try and fix the problem, so i did. Then in the middle of the repair i got another blue screen of death with this stop code
    0x00000019 (0x00000003,0xA74BC150,0xA74BC150,0xA74BC140

I've googled the codes but cant find any match for those codes, please help

Elmer B. is offline Windows Enthusiast

Hi Eiseer and Welcome to WCF!

STOP 0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    Usual causes:
    Insufficient disk space, Device driver, Video card, BIOS, Breakpoint in startup without having a debugger attached, Hardware incompatibility, Faulty system service, 3rd party remote control, Memory

STOP 0x00000019: BAD_POOL_HEADER
    Usual causes:
    Device driver

Most BSOD's are related to driver errors. Old and pre Windows 7 drivers can and do cause BSOD's. When updating or checking for driver updates always go to your PC's, Motherboard or Hardware/Software Manufacturers website.

This is because Windows Automatic Updates and updating through the Device Manager often "updates" your drivers to "older" versions.

Miniddump files can help to diagnose your BSOD problem.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
    Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
    Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
    Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box.
    Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
    OK your way out.
    Reboot if changes have been made.

To have a look at a list of drivers that are in use (loaded) when your system is running, download DriverView. If you select all (Ctrl+A) in DriverViews window you can save a *.txt log file of your drivers to examine at leisure.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

There are a few resource links here. Please see if something helps you.

Corrine is offline Gold Member

I'm not sure what Capt.Jack's schedule is but I sent him a link to this thread to see if he can be of assistance.

Capt.Jack is offline Moderator

Hello,

Been a little busy. So lets get started. So as if now can you get into Windows. If so we need get the Minidump files to analysis. If not lets start with Hardware Diagnostic because sometimes a bad RAM or Hard drive can cause this. Follow this thread Hardware Diagnostic !! Captain Debugger and the Diagnostic. Most of the methods mentioned is done using a bootable disk.

Good Luck !