DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Windows 7 64-bit gadgets not working

Mufinator is offline New Member

Default Windows 7 64-bit gadgets not working

My gadgets are almost completely illegible, and don't seem to be able to do anything any more. I tried the recommended fixes, (restoring gadgets, restoring default colors, restoring .dll files) and none of them seem to have had any effect. I usually only use three gadgets, the All CPU Meter, Network Meter, and Drives Meter, but here's a screenshot I have of most of the gadgets I have, and how they appear. Note, these are the visible ones, as not all of the gadgets show anything at all.

Erm...never mind. I'd love to post my screenshot, but here's a segmented url instead, just delete the spaces:

img822.imageshack .us/img822/8144/83320989 .png

As stated in the title, I'm running Windows 7, 64 bit. If any more information is needed, I can provide. I don't need them back up and running, but it makes things a lot easier to have them working as they should be.

Last edited by HappyAndyK; 24th February 2011 at 04:53. Reason: Link fixed
    ERRORdj and rexa06 like this.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Looks like one has to register this domain viz TWCF there. Doing so now!

Thanks for the link fix, it said I couldn't yet post a url, but I figured the visual would make explaining the problem a lot easier, so I just found some way to post the url.

Do you have any clues as to why this problem is occurring?

Quote Originally Posted by L.W View Post
    What antivirus are you running? It might quite possibly be your antivirus blocking the scripts the gadgets use to display results.
    MSE.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Hasn't any if this helped?
    url
    1, 2, 4, and 5 didn't help.

3, I never ran into that issue, on top of I am the administrator of my computer, so I don't think I could run into that error.

6, while doing that, I found a few Zones things. I found a ZonesSecurityUpgrade in the Internet Settings, then in the Internet Settings folder, I found a folder called Zones, and I'm not sure which to delete. Any suggestions?

Capt.Jack is offline Moderator

Hi there,

You have the delete the "Zones" folder not ZonesSecurityUpgrade. Make sure you make a backup of registry before making any changes.
    Last edited by Capt.Jack; 24th February 2011 at 20:47.

If you don't mind me showing a bit of my ignorance, how do you backup your registry?

Also, I figured I had to delete the folder, but just wanted to be sure, thanks.

Capt.Jack is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mufinator View Post
    If you don't mind me showing a bit of my ignorance, how do you backup your registry?

Also, I figured I had to delete the folder, but just wanted to be sure, thanks.
    No problem. Here is the article that explain the process of backing up registry

Microsoft has released a new Fix It solution which corrects the settings in your Internet Security Zones. It may help you resolve the issue easily.

You can check them out at KB2515657.

Alright, well, I just tried the final solution, to no avail (delete the Zones registry, after a quick registry backup) then just tried HappyAndyK's FixIt provided in the link, again to no avail.

I saw in the edit you made, CaptJack, that there were two FixIt's that you could use for trying to fix this problem. Should I try the other?

EDIT: Just retried everything in the list, and the only thing that was different, was that I got errors when trying to re-register the .dll files "scrrun.dll" and "jscript.dll" with error codes 0x80004005 for both of them. Not sure if this helps, but I didn't get these errors when I first did this, so something has to have changed, right?
    Last edited by Mufinator; 10th March 2011 at 22:49.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast