DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Programs Web Pages temporarily hang

dinger296 is offline New Member

Unhappy Programs Web Pages temporarily hang

I installed Win 7 32 bit a few months ago. Many applications hang temporarily when starting/loading. Web pages in ie also hang temporarily. This has not been a constant problem, but is becoming more and more frequent now.

Have tried Speed fan ... temps. are all normal. I have defragged and scanned disc and registry for errors. Also have physically cleaned machin and all connections. Nothing obvious is grabbing me.

There is also placed on my desktop (automatically not by me) a debug file shortcut with nothing in it if I restart the machine after one of these events.

Any suggestions/advice? Any help gratefully appreciated.

If you need more info eg. machine/software specs get back to me.

Dinger

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Hi Dinger,

First of all please check up your Control Panel and see if you have any unwanted programs. maybe you dont need some, maybe some installed without your knowledge. If you find some and are sure you do not need them (skip Microsoft software to be on the safe side), uninstall them.

Next type msconfig in your start search and hit enter. Under the start ups tab, uncheck and disable most startup entries which you do not need to start every time your computer starts. Click Apply/OK. For instance in my case I have only my antivirus and workrave set to start.

Restart your computer and see if it has made some difference.

Thanks Andy.
    I have done that now and it has made a little difference. Just tried to import a Quickbooks company file into my QB program and it completely hangs up. I have tried a number of times and it only gets as far as 77% complete before it hangs. I noticed when starting task manager to stop the program the cpu usage counter at the bottom varies from 2% usage to up to 96% usage.

When going through and carrying out your earlier suggestion I came across window error messages in system information. These error messages start back in September when I first installed Win7 and continue up to today. I am fairly sure if I could get these messages to you somehow (I am unable to attach at the moment and the file is way to long to cut & paste) you would be able to help me further.

I am not sure how to proceed from here. Any suggestions? I really appreciate your help ....

Many thanks

Dinger

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I know I am repeating what LW has just said but a search does indicate that Gmail users are facing the issue of having a debug file shortcut being generated on their desktops. Using Event Viewer plus (freeware) to see if you find any entries which catch your attention there, might be a good idea.

Ok Thanks for the replies gentlemen

Debug file has gone away now ... as of a few weeks ago.

Lee ... I did download and run your Event viewer .................. craploads of stuff on it, lots of informational entries, a few warnings and a boatload of error entries. I have copied and will paste at the end of this the 2 earlest (June 2010) error entries and the 2 latest (today I think)error enties. These entries seem to come from all over the place. I have Gooogled the 4 I sent you but I cannot make any sense of them.

__________________________________________________ _______________Paste______________________________ _______________________________________

Date: 6/18/2010 9:06:41 AM
    Event Type: Error
    Username:
    Computer Name: 37L4247D28-05
    Source: Service Control Manager
    Event ID: 3221232495
    Category: (0) - Category Number: 0
    Message: The Windows Time service terminated with the following error:
    %%2
    Event Data:

Date: 6/18/2010 8:36:42 AM
    Username:
    Computer Name: Gareth-PC
    Event ID: 3221232481
    Message: A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Windows Error Reporting Service service to connect.
    Event Data:

Date: 3/6/2011 3:47:01 PM
    Username: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Source: DCOM
    Event ID: 3221235488
    Message: The description for Event ID '-1073731808' in Source 'DCOM' cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display the message, or you may not have permission to access them. The following information is part of the event:'application-specific', 'Local', 'Launch', '{C97FCC79-E628-407D-AE68-A06AD6D8B4D1}', '{344ED43D-D086-4961-86A6-1106F4ACAD9B}', 'NT AUTHORITY', 'SYSTEM', 'S-1-5-18', 'LocalHost (Using LRPC)'
    Event Data:

Date: 3/6/2011 4:07:03 PM
    Username:
    Event ID: 3221232481
    Message: A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Windows Error Reporting Service service to connect.
    Event Data:

__________________________________________________ _____End Paste_____________________________________________ ____________________________

I really hope that one of you gentlemen or one of your subscribers will be able to help.

Dinger

Still looking for answers to this one. Any ideas folks?