DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Backup: Looking for a simple program to take an Image of my C:\ drive

wptski is offline Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by japp View Post
    Please see my reply to whs
    I don't underdstand that either since the OS is the System. How is your HD shown in your Disk Manager, with seperate partitions for the OS and System also? If your HD is indeed partitioned this way, Paragon will show it the same way.

Yes, creating a WinPE disc from scratch using the AIK isn't a simple task. I've done it and don't consider myself a real computer geek!

The one solution is to reinstall/recover Windows as it fixes most everything but that's something I'm trying to avoid myself right now also.

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by japp View Post
    Please see my reply to whs
    where ?

there is no screen capture in that post...

Quote Originally Posted by hackerman1 View Post
    where ?

there is no screen capture in that post...
    Yes, there is.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

I see what you mean. The "System partition" is usually referred to as the 100MB active hidden partition (or something like that). It contains the bootmgr for that disk. You need to image it only once (and keep it in a safe place) so that you have it in case the disk breaks and you have to install a new disk and dump the images on that. But normally, you only restore C.

There are some special cases e.g. when you start or end a double boot setup, but I do not think you were looking for that. In case you want to know, post back and I'll explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    I see what you mean. The "System partition" is usually referred to as the 100MB active hidden partition (or something like that). It contains the bootmgr for that disk. You need to image it only once (and keep it in a safe place) so that you have it in case the disk breaks and you have to install a new disk and dump the images on that. But normally, you only restore C.

There are some special cases e.g. when you start or end a double boot setup, but I do not think you were looking for that. In case you want to know, post back and I'll explain it.
    That's the 100MB partition that some that have a dual boot system are having a problem with trying to install the SP1 update but the System is normally included in your C:\ partition.

Quote Originally Posted by wptski View Post
    Yes, there is.
    no there isnīt....

not in FF 4, IE9 & OPERA 11.1...

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

but the System is normally included in your C:\ partition.
    I am not sure what you mean by that. If you refer to pre-Win7 systems, you are right. The bootmgr (calling it "the system" is kind of wrong) was residing on C. But if you do a normal Win7 installation, you get this seperate 100MB active partition for the bootmgr. There are reasons for that, especially for the future of NTFS, that I do not want to get into now.

If, however, you install Win7 into a predefined active partition, you will not get the 100MB seperate active partition.

roraniel is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by hackerman1 View Post
    no there isnīt....

not in FF 4, IE9 & OPERA 11.1...
    Are you looking at post #19? I see the image.

Quote Originally Posted by roraniel View Post
    Are you looking at post #19? I see the image.
    yes, post #19.

which browser are you using ?

Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    I am not sure what you mean by that. If you refer to pre-Win7 systems, you are right. The bootmgr (calling it "the system" is kind of wrong) was residing on C. But if you do a normal Win7 installation, you get this seperate 100MB active partition for the bootmgr. There are reasons for that, especially for the future of NTFS, that I do not want to get into now.

If, however, you install Win7 into a predefined active partition, you will not get the 100MB seperate active partition.
    I'm refering to a factory installed W7 on a Dell and I guess this isn't a normal install.
    Last edited by wptski; 19th April 2011 at 04:14.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast