DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Ashampo® Core Tuner: Speeds up performance or not?

japp is offline Gold Member

Default Ashampo® Core Tuner: Speeds up performance or not?

I have a Intel(R) Processor Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s) running on W7 64-bit Home Premium.

I wonder if Ashampoo® Core Tuner really improves the performance of my pc or not.
    "Almost all modern computers have at least two processors, which are generally referred to as “cores”. Some even have four. Unfortunately, Windows often doesn’t manage your multiple cores very well, so you’re not actually getting the full multi-processor power you paid for.

Ashampoo Core Tuner enables you to use the full power of all your cores. For instant results you just need to select Auto-Optimize to optimize all the programs you are running or Boost to give more power to a single program.

You can also fine-tune individual processes, display a live view of the current workloads of all your processor cores and enhance the overall performance of your system with additional tools."
    https://www.ashampoo.com/en/eur/pin/...Tuner/Overview

I like to hear the opinion of people more techie than myself.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Although I am not an authority in this field, I doubt if it would really do anything useful.

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

Boost a process = make priority high and set the apps to use all cores ( only needed for older programs)... You can achieve this by going through task manager. You don't need to spend hard cash this.

Additional: I forgot to mention though Core tuner will remember your settings where the task manager will not.
    Last edited by johnny.rotton; 23rd May 2011 at 13:12.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Although I am not an authority in this field, I doubt if it would really do anything useful.
    Thanks for your input

Quote Originally Posted by johnny.rotton View Post
    Boost a process = make priority high and set the apps to use all cores ( only needed for older programs)... You can achieve this by going through task manager. You don't need to spend hard cash this.

Additional: I forgot to mention though Core tuner will remember your settings where the task manager will not.
    Thanks

I don't think I'm good enough for using the task manager for this.
    I now have an offer from Ashampoo to buy it for $5.99 so it's not much money to spend/waste.