Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loader Error - The procedure entry point HttpQueryInfoA could not be located

RR218 is offline New Member

Default Loader Error - The procedure entry point HttpQueryInfoA could not be located

I am having a loader error pop up on my screen every time I try to open a document. I was getting this message when I would start up my computer also, but it doesn't pop up anymore when I start up my computer. The message is: Loader Error - The procedure entry point HttpQueryInfoA could not be located in the dynamic link library Wininet.dllInternet Explorer 8, it will open, but it takes forever.

I have already done these things to trouble shoot and they came up clean with no infected files:Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Wise Registry CleanerCCleanerSuper Anti-Spyware Free EditionI have also ran Hijack This, but I have no idea what items to delete when the scan is complete.I have even unistalled/reinstalled both Internet Explorer 8 and Open Office 3.3.The documents that I have tried to open are ods. and odt. These two documents won't open.I have also tried to open wps and JPG files and they open fine.Thanks for any help. I have Windows XP

Last edited by RR218; 11th July 2011 at 20:57.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Hi,

Run sfc /scannow (System File Checker) and see if it helps you.

Capt.Jack is offline Moderator

Hello there,

You could also try to replace the file. Go to C:\Windows\System32 and look for the file Wininet.dll if you find it then rename it to Wininet.old. Then go to C:\Windows\System32\dllcache and copy the Wininet.dll and paste it under C:\Windows\System32 then reboot the system and test it.

Hope this helps!

I ran sfc /scannow and it has a window open that says:
    Windows File Protection
    Please wait while Windows verifies that all protected Windows files are intact and in their original versions. (At the bottom of the window it has a place where it shows how much is left to be virified.)
    This window has been opened for about 30 minutes with nothing happening.
    Should I try again?
    Thanks

Try again. It takes some time to complete so please be patient. Let it runs its full course.

Okay, I am running the scf /scannow. and I also replaced the file wininet.dll like Capt.Jack said. When I rebooted and tried to open odf, ods, odt files again, I got the loader error message. I am waiting for the results from the scan. I will let you know what results are. Thanks for the help.

The scan is complete. When the Windows File Protection window was finished it closed by itself. A few minutes later, the computer rebooted itself. When the computer restarted, I heard 1 short beep, a pause, and 2 short beeps. A message popped up on the screen where I log in. It said: save dump.exe- Application Error
    The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application.
    I clicked on OK and logged in.
    I don't know if this matters, but when the computer rebooted itself, I had Internet Explorer opened.

Is there any other ideas for me to try to solve this problem? Thanks for any help.

Hmm... maybe Repair Windows 7 is the only option remaining ... perhaps Capt Jack or some one has some ideas .... !?!?

Capt.Jack is offline Moderator

Hello there!

I would recommend the Repair Install as well. Before that go to C:\Windows\Minidump and see if you find any files there. If so upload it and post us the links.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast