Thread: I can't get my Windows 7 taskbar color to change

Cloudchase is offline Windows Enthusiast

Default I can't get my Windows 7 taskbar color to change

I like for my taskbar and the very top of my program windows to be red. Once in awhile, I get a popup from the system tray saying "color scheme has been changed to Windows 7 basic." Normally, I go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization and change it right back, no problem, in just a few minutes.

That is not the case this morning. I have spent over an hour trying to do that with no success. I simply cannot find where to do it. I've tried searching online, but every lead I found has turned out to be nothing but a dead end.

I know that taskbar and top of window color is not that important, but it's the principle of the thing. Do you have any idea how frustrating it is for something that's always been easy and simple to suddenly be difficult if not impossible?

Several of the leads I got made references to "aero" and "enabling transparency," but I cannot find where to do that either. That too is supposedly in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization but it's just not showing there.

Here's a screenshot

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...er/Capture.jpg

You see at the top and bottom where I have scribbled red lines. That is the parts that I want to be red. How do I do it?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Cloudchase is offline Windows Enthusiast

Got that, thanx!

I later found out it was the mirror driver for my remote login service not disconnecting properly. Things are back to normal now and I've sent a message to the service about it doing that