Thread: Windows 7 Flashing Logon screen without any users

Azizj is offline New Member

Exclamation Windows 7 Flashing Logon screen without any users

Hello, I am facing a problem with my PC, I turned it on one day and everything seemed fine until i reached the Welcome screen with the users on it, There weren't any users and the screen kept flashing/flickering and I tried to Ctrl+Alt+Del but it didn't do anything, I rebooted and tried to boot in Safe mode but I still faced the same problem, I attempted Start-up repair and tried to restore but the restore points didn't work and start-up repair told me to disconnect any usb removal hardware on my computer and try to boot, I did that but sadly no luck .

I tried to clarify my problem as hard as I probably can and if it's not clear enough I'll be happy to take a video or a picture of the issue.

Capt.Jack is offline Moderator

Hello there!

Sometime we have to run Startup Repair 3 separate times to completely fix the problem. Follow this article How to Run Startup Repair to Fix Boot Issues | Captain Debugger if that didn't work check this article as well. Resolving Common Boot issues on Windows 7 | Captain Debugger

Hope this helps!

Azizj is offline New Member

Thank you very much for your reply!, I will try the solutions you posted and I hope something works, I have another question if you may, Can I run a repair install of windows even if I can't boot to it?