Thread: Error installing .NET Framework 3.5

japp is offline Gold Member

Default Error installing .NET Framework 3.5

I keep getting this error when trying to install :NET Framework 3.5.2 even after turning on 3.5 in Turn Windows Features On Off:

What do I need to do to get it installed?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

First try what Lee has suggested, else try using The .NET Framework Removal & Cleanup Tool and then try installing it again.

Capt.Jack is offline Moderator

I believe .NET Framework 3.5 and updates are build into the OS you can't uninstall it completely or install it using Installer.

Thanks, guys.
    None of the tips helps. Means I can't install Hamster zip as it needs 3.51 but Banzip makes me not need 3.51 so I'll wait and see what the future might bring.

Quote Originally Posted by L.W View Post
    japp: I just downloaded the latest version of Hamster to see if I might could find a way to help you find a way around the issue. I have .Net 4.0 installed and no issues at all with installing Hamster, so you might be able to get 4.0 and have it work for you.

Download .Net Framework 4: Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer)
    Thanks, L.W that's kind of you
    I have and have had 4 installed and that's not good enough for Hamster here. In Turn Windows Features On Off 3.51 is unticked but has a blue overlay (can't believe I've turned it off).
    Today I've gone back in time and the problem is still there. Something else might be wrong here, but hunting it down........... Got to live with Hamster as my wallpaper only