Thread: A game problem - quite a rookie at computers etc etc

Leith Mac is offline New Member

Default A game problem - quite a rookie at computers etc etc

Okay, this may seem trivial to many problems that actually matter, but it is really annoying me. I run Windows 7. I have been playing the game "league of legends" for maybe 5-6 months, and have never really had any problems. Yesterday, i wanted to try the Battle Field 3 beta, and to do so, had to register onto Origin, and update my drivers on AMD from 11.3 to 11.7. This all worked fine, and i played the beta for maybe an hour, before closing it. I then went to play League of Legends, but when i double clicked on the "Play" icon, the mouse had the little hourglass next to it, but nothing happened. I decided to delete BF3, and still, it didn't work. I reinstalled the game, again, no dice. I troubleshooted for compatibility, and i think this is the issue. So i decided to try to restore my system to before the update..no dice..i got the error "an unspecified error occurred during system restore (0x80071a90). My question is, is there any way i can play League of legends again?

Any help really appreciated..and bare with me, i'm not that great at all this PC stuff...Sorry

japp is offline Gold Member

I can't help, but try to google for 0x80071a90

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Did you see this:

Important ! Caution !

The AMD display driver and the AMD Catalyst Control Center / AMD Vision Engine Control Center can be downloaded independently of each other. However, for better stability and performance AMD recommends that both components be updated from the same AMD Catalyst release.
    The AMD Catalyst Control Center / AMD Vision Engine Control Center requires that the Microsoft® .NET Framework SP1 be installed for Windows XP and Windows Vista. Without .NET SP1 installed, the AMD Catalyst Control Center / AMD Vision Engine Control Center will not launch properly and the user will see an error message.
    Source: AMD Catalyst