Thread: How do I do this (screensaver and windows media player)

Cloudchase is offline Windows Enthusiast

Default How do I do this (screensaver and windows media player)

You know how when you first click on the Start button, there is that customizable menu that lists pretty much any program or folder you want it to for quick easy access? And how if you want to change your screensaver, you go start/control panel/display/personalization/screen saver? Where would I find the file that opens that same screensaver window so I can have it listed in my Start menu?

Also, you know how in Windows Media Player, you have that one frame in the left/middle that shows the "visualization" and on the right side is a frame that shows the list of the mp3's you're currently playing? How do I set WMP so that I can move the border seperating the two frames as far to the left as I want instead of only being able to move it to the left to a certain point?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Search for *.scr files in your Windows folder. All the screensavers will get listed. From here you can create its desktop shortcut or pin it to your start menu.

Cloudchase is offline Windows Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by L.W View Post
    Right-Click Desktop\New\Create Shortcut
    Enter following in location: rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,,1
    Click Next and choose a name such as Screensaver Properties and click Finish. This creates a shortcut on the Desktop to the screensaver properties dialog. Next Right-Click the shortcut and select Pin to Start Menu.
    Does exactly what I wanted! Thanx for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by L.W View Post
    As far as I know of there is no way to move the separator to the far left because by design the window on the left is strictly for the Now Playing window. Dragging all the way to the far left would basically drop you back to viewing as you would if you had WMP in Library Mode where it just shows the list and never shows visualization.
    Oh well, thanx anyway :-)

Didn't reply sooner because I didn't get e-mail notification like I usually do when I post here. No idea why.