Thread: Unable to open document with file extension rdr

sandraiom is offline New Member

Default Unable to open document with file extension rdr

I have tried everything I can think of to open an ebill using Dynamic Report Decoder from Ryder systems but it always bring up Windows Photo Gallery for some reason when I use Windows 7 on my laptop. I can open it without a problem on my PC using Windows XP but am thinking of getting rid of this so need to be able to use my laptop.

DustinH is offline Senior Member

Try right clicking the file and select Open With... Then select the Dynamic Report Decoder program. If it isn't listed, you can press the down arrow key for more options. If it still isn't listed, you can browse your hard drive for the program file itself (usually in C:\Program Files (x86)\ProgramName\ProgramName.exe.

Quote Originally Posted by DustinH View Post
    Try right clicking the file and select Open With... Then select the Dynamic Report Decoder program. If it isn't listed, you can press the down arrow key for more options. If it still isn't listed, you can browse your hard drive for the program file itself (usually in C:\Program Files (x86)\ProgramName\ProgramName.exe.
    When I left click on the file, or right click and choose open with the program comes up but it still opens with Windows Photo Gallery. Even the company which wrote the program isn't able to explain why this is happening.

Capt.Jack is offline Moderator

Thanks. I tried that first, before I started this thread but nothing seems to work.