Thread: Playing Older Games In Windows 7

ghlnknjc is offline New Member

Default Playing Older Games In Windows 7

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium and would like to install and play Microsoft Plus game pack cards & puzzles. I purchased this disc while running Windows 95, 98 and after that Windows XP with no problems. Ever since I started running Windows 7 in 2010 the program tells me that it is installed but will not open up the cards portion of this game pack. The puzzles portion of this game pack (which are children's puzzles) open just fine and will play OK. I have contacted Microsoft support and they are no help. I don't know if this is the correct place to ask about this but any help would be appreciated. I have tried compatibility mode but nothing seems to work. I am not very good when it comes to changing things with the computer but can do most of the basics.

Microsoft Plus game pack Cards & Puzzles
    1995-2000 Microsoft Corporation
    Part No. X05-48368

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I wonder if it will be possible to play such old games in Windows 7. True, the compatibility mode also may not help much. Do you get any 'file missing' or some error?

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

you can perhaps do it if you install an "older" O/S (XP etc.) in a virtual installation by using VmWare / Virtual player or similar program.

ghlnknjc is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    I wonder if it will be possible to play such old games in Windows 7. True, the compatibility mode also may not help much. Do you get any 'file missing' or some error?
    I get a dll read error. I really like Windows 7 and it has worked great for everything else.