Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incorrect Battery notifications in Windows 7

larca91 is offline New Member

Question Incorrect Battery notifications in Windows 7

I have a problem on my Win7. The notificiation shows up at 10% where my battery icon is, if my settings are on shut down, but if they are on hibernation nothing is shown there.

But in both cases at 7% these is a "big" notification in the middle of my screen but in the same second the computer starts to shut down or go into hibernation.

I know that at the beginning when the big notification come I could still use my computer for few percentega and only then id would shut down.

And if I have settings on hibernation I don't get a notification early enough to put my computer on power or something...

Any advice on how to change this??

DustinH is offline Senior Member

What kind of computer is it? Some warnings are from the manufacturers software. Windows 7 battery warnings usually aren't so prominent.

Tanmay is offline Windows Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by larca91 View Post
    I have a problem on my Win7. The notificiation shows up at 10% where my battery icon is, if my settings are on shut down, but if they are on hibernation nothing is shown there.

But in both cases at 7% these is a "big" notification in the middle of my screen but in the same second the computer starts to shut down or go into hibernation.

I know that at the beginning when the big notification come I could still use my computer for few percentega and only then id would shut down.

And if I have settings on hibernation I don't get a notification early enough to put my computer on power or something...

Any advice on how to change this??
    Will you please explore the configuration of your system?

I have HP Pavilion dv6.

I explored them, I googled it and found nothing. I have all my configuration fot notification ON. and some people reported that after some update the notification also stopped wotking

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Interesting but I know all that and how does this help me with my problem???

and I can't even see the remaining time of battery on my computer.

Nice post Anand Sir!

@larca91 Have you ever customized the default registry settings? I think, that could be the reason!

No. Don't know how to do that. I just know that is not good to mess with register and I ler CCleaner to do the work.

Sometimes clear may not work. Tweaking the registry is not bad for the limited period of time actually. Sometimes we can tweak it as per our needs in the system. Eventually, we must have to backup the default registry first. So we can update it again for "default" settings.

ok, how do I do it? I never backuped the registry
    and if i restor regitry to deafult, can I use ccleaner again and what kind of changes can i expect?? some big that i'll note or just small ones that work in a background?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast