Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tanmay

Thread: Microsoft to charge $15 for Windows 8 upgrade deal?

Tanmay is offline Windows Enthusiast

Default Microsoft to charge $15 for Windows 8 upgrade deal?

Hello guys, I just heared that Microsoft will charge users who buy a new Windows 7 PC $14.99 for an upgrade to Windows 8, according to the report of CNET. They said that Microsoft would charge a fee for the upgrade, but had not spelled out the amount. CNET said that the program would kick off alongside the delivery of Windows 8 Release Preview. Microsoft has said it will ship the preview the first week of June. If the company follows the same schedule it used in 2009 to deliver Windows 7's release candidate, the most likely date is Tuesday, June 5. Eligible customers must purchase a new Windows 7-powered PC between June 2012 and January 2013. Please share your views on this topic!

HappyAndyK likes this.

DustinH is offline Senior Member

I don't mind it, as long as the shipping costs aren't $20-$30, like some have been. I know a lot of people that won't upgrade, but for $15, it's a great deal.

One thing that sticks out is that regardless of which version you get with your new PC (Windows 7 Home to Ultimate), you get the Windows 8 Professional version, which can be a plus.