Thread: Windows 7 Welcome/Login Screen Does Not Load

Razwerkz is offline New Member
    Stanley, North Carolina, United States, Earth, Sol

Default Windows 7 Welcome/Login Screen Does Not Load

My laptop has recently suffered from a recurring 0x24 stop error during boot, that had brought me to perform a CHKDSK, which replaced "invalid security IDs" for seemingly every file, with the default IDs. After this, Windows was able to boot, but will now stop on a plain background with just the cursor. The "Welcome"/login screen never loads. I have attempted safe mode as well, but the same problem occurs.

Since discovering this issue, I have attempted:
    • "Last known good configuration," which yields no notable results.
    • Startup repair tool, which repaired what it had determined to be a bad bootsector, but only removed my custom boot animation. (I'll fix it later.)
    • An additional CHKDSK, which did fix a couple things, it said, but nothing of true relevance.
    • System Restore...but apparently all my restore options are gone. D:
    • Memory test, which claims that the system memory has no problems.

I'm here seeking possible causes, "do's" and "don't's," and possible fixes. Thank you for your help in advance.

Razwerkz is offline New Member
    Stanley, North Carolina, United States, Earth, Sol

Quote Originally Posted by LeeW View Post
    Do you have a Windows 7 disk with your laptop or is it preinstalled? If you have a disk you could try doing a repair. This error has been around for many years and usually winds up being a corrupted NTFS.SYS file.
    Well, I had attempted using the disc for a repair, but it never caught anything such as that.