Thread: Windows 7 Error Status 0xc000000e Boot selection failed because device inaccessible

aeroic is offline New Member

Default Windows 7 Error Status 0xc000000e Boot selection failed because device inaccessible

Hi,

I booted up my computer today to find that whenever I try to select an option from the booting screen, the whole computer froze, as in, the timer counting down the auto choosing feature froze, I couldn't move anything. I thought at first it was the keyboard, as I use a razer product, I thought the drivers weren't loaded and it froze it. I tried it with the standard keyboard it came with and still froze at the screen (by the way, its option chosen is startup repair, im trying to get to start windows normally). I thought it was the monitor next and switch it around to no avail. I then dug around for a few hours to find my window repair disks. I get a prompt on screen to press a button to continue, which then freezes my PC. If I leave it at that screen for a while, startup repair is launched and I get a Status: 0xc000000e and the info says: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible. Also, choosing any option with my motherboard BIOS also freezes/crashes the computer.

I really need help with this guys, thanks.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Can you boot in to safe mode or a clean boot state? Difference between Safe Mode and Clean Boot State in Windows

Then try and see if you can run the system file checker. System File Checker: Run sfc scannow, Interpret sfc.exe logs in Windows 7

Else Run Startup Repair from the System Recovery Options. http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/wind...up-repair.html

Else Rebuild BCD using bootrec.exe. Error message when you start Windows 7: "The Windows Boot Configuration Data file is missing required information"

Hope something helps.

aeroic is offline New Member

I would try that but I cannot open any sort of cmd line, I cannot access my computer at all, any key pressed will freeze everything and render it useless. Even inserting repair disks do not help at all as they require a key press to function, which will freeze the computer. I am really stuck in this situation guys, any sort of action to repair will freeze the computer.

Capt.Jack is offline Moderator

Hello there!

Disconnect all the devices connected to your PC i.e. Mouse, Printer, External drive etc. Because any of those devices maybe interfering. Then see if you can go to BIOS. If you can then change the boot order to CD/DVD drive then boot using the DVD and then run a Startup Repair.