Hello!

The online remote access service I use has the option of turning one's system on via remote connection. Using it requires that Wake on Lan (if an ethernet cable is plugged in) or Wake on Wireless Lan be enabled. I decided that it would be a good idea to enable it just in case. I chose WoWL because I would have to buy a 75ft/23m ethernet cable to reach the modem in the next room.

I found this simple how-to.
Configure Wake on Wireless LAN (WoWLAN)

I followed it to the letter. When I got to the part about "configure the network device in the Device Manager," I found that there are two adapters listed under Network Adapters. Qualcomm Atheros Ar9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter and Realtek PCIe Family Controller. Under Properties/Power Management, both already had "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" checked. The Realtek already had "Allow this device..." checked and a second sub box labeled "Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer" was also already checked. The Qualcomm has a "Allow this device..." box, but it is unchecked and it's greyed out, so I can't check it.

I turned my system off. I logged in to my remote access service using another computer and my system did not show as being able to be turned on. So there's something I need to do that has not been done. So what do I do now?