Thread: Need Pointers to Decrease Thread Priority At Startup

Arun Kumar is offline MVP Alumni

Default Need Pointers to Decrease Thread Priority At Startup

Ok. I have some programs for syncing and backing up the drive. And when they are in action, the computer tends to slow down. I can go ahead and manually set the priority of these processes to min so that they keep working without creating problems. I looked for online programs - there is one called Booster but it increases thread priority of application in focus plus the code is not available for review so can't trust it.

Are there any commands that I can include in the shortcuts or in the MSCONFIG so that these programs (SkyDrive; Google Drive; DropBox and Mozy) start at the lowest priority?

There are some programs that allow you to manage bandwidth consumption but it is not the case here. When I am like exporting a Premiere movie, it has nothing to do with the Internet yet the SkyDrive slows down the computer for some reason (one being aggressive syncing).

Tips?

Arun Kumar is offline MVP Alumni

Okay. I found an application that integrates with Task Manager and saves the priority of the process if you wish to change it. Installed and using PRIO. Will inform if it creates any kind of problems. For now, I can reduce SkyDrive and other Sync applications' priority to low. If you wish to try it out, here is the link:
    Prio - Priority Saver - CNET Download.com

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator