Thread: Video card issues

marqueemar is offline New Member

Default Video card issues

I have an asus laptop running windows 7 home premium with service pack 1 running 64 bit with an AMD A6-3400M APU with Radeon HD graphics. I installed a game and when i tried to run it I got a message saying I had 0Mb of video memory.

When I go to the device manager, under the hardware tab I show both an AMD Radeon HD 6520G and Standard VGA Graphics adapter, both of which show the little yellow exclamation point indicating problems with the drivers. On the Radeon card I get "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" and on the vga card I get "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". The copy of windows is admittedly not the original copy. I have been all over the internet for a week now trying every single suggestion I can find. I have updated windows numerous times, gone to the amd website (they don't even seem to have drivers for this card at all) for the drivers, tried getting other drivers from other websites, and tried uninstalling the drivers and rebooting. Nothing works. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions, thank you.

I apologize for the double post, I forgot to mention one thing, the card in the device manager shows as a radeon 6520, however the sticker on the laptop says radeon 6720g2
    Last edited by marqueemar; 18th December 2012 at 14:00. Reason: type-o's

roraniel is offline Gold Member

Try going into device manager, double click the device and go to the details tab and grab the hardware id. Then go to this website Drivers Lookup and pase the hardware id in the search box and you should find the correct driver.

I tried your suggestion, when I get the hardware IDs there are 4 for each card, that site recognizes all the ones from the vga card but doesn't do anything, it just shows me what i pasted into the search with nothing else to do from there. That being said it doesn't recognize the radeon hardware ids at all. I have also downloaded the ati catalyst installer, which you would think would help but also does not help at all. I also put driver genius, full version, on the laptop, it detected problems, updated all my drivers, and then installed catalyst again, which doesn't help at all as mentioned above.

I would like to add, on the suggested site I can manually hunt down the radeon cards, however the closest I can find to what I have is either the 6500 series or the 6700 series. On some sites claim that the 6720 is a 6520 plus an onboard card. So I am unclear as to why there are drivers for both 6500 and 6700 series if they are the same. But either way the only drivers on the site are for 32 bit systems and mine is a 64 bit.