Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DustinH

Thread: Missing update file

boongsong is offline New Member

Question Missing update file

Hello. This is my 1st time here, so not too sure if I'm in the right forum.
    I'm not real tech savvy, but have enough experience that I can follow instructions.
    Earlier this week, I used Glary Utilities to scan/clean my registry. Ever since, whenever I turn my computer on I get an error message saying Windows Cannot Find C:\Program Files (x86)\xvid\autoupdate-windows.exe'. I then reopened Glary and clicked on Restore Previous Repairs, rebooted and still get the error.
    I have spent the last 2+ days searching for a solution. I've email Glarey Utilities - no reply. Posted on various forums and the only response I've received is to open msconfig.exe and disable all ms services. That eliminated the error message but makes it diffcult for other programs to operate normally.
    I also went to Xvid, but didn't see anything there. Went to ReImage but do not have the money to purchase the software to "fix" the problem. (I"m on a very limited budget -- SS).
    If anyone can determine why I keep getting the error message, and how to correct it, I'd sure appreciate it.
    Jack

DustinH is offline Senior Member

Try reinstalling the Xvid software. It sounds like the autoupdate-windows.exe file was deleted and it is listed in the startup somewhere. Reinstalling Xvid should replace that file and have it run again when starting up.

If not, you can try to disable it from startup (Start, Run, type MSCONFIG and press enter. Click Startup tab, find the entry and uncheck. Then click OK).
    HappyAndyK likes this.

boongsong is offline New Member

Thank you for your response.
    I went to Xvid and they provided a link to reinstall the autoupdate. Everything works normally.
    I appreciate your help.