AMD A45 Fusion chipset
    2 GB DDR3 RAM (8 GB maximum)
    250 GB SATA hard drive
    DVD±RW SuperMulti drive
    Integrated AMD Radeon HD6310 graphics
    Integrated audio
    Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
    Multi-in-one digital media card reader

I bought this off someone who had purchased a week prior,but sold it cheap to pay rent-I live in a college type area and this happens now and again. Everything was in great condition and all I added was a new litescribe dvd burner. Since the first time I started it up, it has run incredibly slow. While I am aware its processor is nothing fantastic, it had specs loads better than my old desktop yet runs much slower. My main use is simple web browsing and word processing, using mainly chrome and ms office. Any more than 4 tabs open on chrome with no other programs up and it starts to crawl. If I have multiple programs open,say chrome with office, it goes even slower, I've run the diagnostics windows includes and everything looks fine but yet it still goes incredibly slow.
    I ran the repair disk to no effect, and my next step was to reinstall 7, or drop down to either vista or xp. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if more info is needed!

EDIT: Also ran several malware/virus scans using malwarebytes, avst, norton, etc. All scans came back clean

roraniel is offline Gold Member

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Also reduce the startup programs using msconfig or WinPatrol.

roraniel is offline Gold Member

I also noticed you said you do a lot on the web. Cleaning up your junk files will not hurt your situation. I use Ccleaner for this. One caution, DO NOT use the registry cleaner feature on this or any program. They can do more harm than good. Using just the cleaner function which is what the program defaults to when you open it is fine.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

This is never going to be a real sprinter. Of the 2GB of RAM, some may be used for on-board graphics - check the actual available RAM, e.g. in Computer Properties. Then disable all startup programs (not the AV) as was suggested. Moving to Vista or XP would make the situation worse, plus I doubt you would even find XP drivers for that system.

Linux may be a bit faster. Make an image of your current system and install a Linux distro (maybe Mint Cinnamon). If it does not work out, you can always restore the Windows 7 image. Suggest you use free Macrium for imaging.

itskeiser is offline New Member

I didnt expect much from it,especially for the price i got it at. However, it runs slower than my previous desktop which was a 9 year old gateway base model and that doesnt seem right. I've turned off all unnecessary programs at startup,cleaned all the junk out, and checked the drivers,but im still crawling. My next step is to backup my documents and wipe it.