Thread: Need help now... S.M.C. (Save My sister's Computer)!!!

JMac is offline New Member

Exclamation Need help now... S.M.C. (Save My sister's Computer)!!!

Okay guys, I'm going to just blurt it out. Don't know anything about computers, I want to finish downloading this large game file to my sister's computer. She has 100 GB of memory of which 98 is used. I was looking for erasable programs to free up room for the game and noticed the Classic .NET AppPool folder under Users and realized it is hogging a good 15 GB of space. What is it used for (preferably in simple English) and is it necessary? I was looking under another post about this same issue (kinda) and it supposedly is an archiver of stuff, I dunno *le shrug* please help me save this computer... What other files that use up a good GB of space might she have and how do I easily recognize and move things she does and doesn't need (in other words, how many GB of space can I free up without jacking up her computer and don't give me any of that 'delete system 32' crap., I know what that does you trolls out there ;D)?

mikesmrs is offline Beginner

A few tips in this link:
    http://www.howtogeek.com/125923/7-wa...ce-on-windows/

Because I am a new member, I am unable to post links with the www in front of the link, so you will need to add them (followed by a dot) to the one above.

I hope that helps.
    Last edited by HappyAndyK; 21st April 2013 at 12:30. Reason: Link edited.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

This discussion may interest you: http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/wind...ndows-7-a.html

Also as suggested by mikesmrs, you could explore other ways of clearing up your disk space.

If you have installed any service pack, you may want to also consider removing its backup files, using the Disk Cleanup Tool.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Run this program and post the results including the pretty picture. Then we can have a look. WinDirStat - Windows Directory Statistics

When the program starts, highlight C: and then click OK. Wait for the Pokémon's to do the job.