Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 8 release date

Matrix is offline Senior Member

Question Windows 8 release date

When is Windows 8 released date? Anyone one have any ideas? Just asking out of curiosity.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I am sure only Microsoft knows that. Or then again, maybe even they are not sure yet!

Yes there are lot of rumors, theories and speculations going on. Websites have even gone to the extent of specifying a particular date. Some say that Windows 8 would be available in stores on January 7, 2013. But then one has to understand that such news gets good hits and web-traffic, hence it should all be taken with a pinch of salt.

Others say Windows 8 will NOT be available in January 2013, in fact definitely later than that.

Microsoft follows a 3 year release pattern. Windows 7 was released to manufacturing in October 2009 sometime. But Microsoft has historically taken, more often than not, a little more time to develop and release new versions.

It is my guesstimate that Windows 8 could be made available in 2012 holiday season.

That's all one can say now. The exact date of release of Windows 8 or Windows Next will in probability be finalised in the last few months before its release.

Till then enjoy Windows 7.

UPDATE: Check this too: http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/tech...ease-date.html

nithinr6 is offline Senior Member

I agree with Anand sir. Although MS will have a definite road map of Windows development, it can fluctuate very widely (as seen with the release of Windows Vista). Most of the popular blogs out there say next version of Windows will release by first half of 2013.

DeborahJ is offline Senior Member

One compulsion Microsoft and its hardware ecosystem will have is that it will have to be released sometime in the holiday season. So how many options does it offer then?

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

A Dell executive said that they would ship a Win8 tablet early 2012 - at least that is what I read in my Zdnet feed a while ago.

poonam88 is offline New Member

I think its release only on occasion time...

-----------------------------

japp is offline Gold Member

Ballmer said 2012, but according to an article here it will be later:
    Microsoft Windows Topic Center - InfoWorld

rkonit is offline Gold Member

RTM build may be signed off by Oct 2012... (Just a guess) GA may be in early 2013

AHS0 is offline Senior Member

Will Microsoft demo Windows 8 for tablets next week?

Although a rumor suggests that Windows 8 will arrive on January 7, 2013, we expect that the operating system will ship in time for the 2012 holiday season. In fact, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has said Windows 8 is coming in 2012, although Microsoft quickly claimed this was a misstatement.

J_B_MVP is offline Microsoft MVP

@whs,

OEM's generally get RTM (Release to Manufacturer) copies well before they go on general sale to the public, however, there has been a lot of speculation that October 2012 would be the official release. Having been a beta tester since Windows ME (an No we are not allowed to confirm speculative dates) and Windows 8 hasn't even been released to beta testers as of yet, such speculative dates can quickly come and go as more problems are found in the new software. The usual Microsoft line is 'it will be released when it is ready.' Frankly that is about the best quote you will get from Microsoft when it comes to the release dates of its software.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast