DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Disable or Remove Metro UI in Windows 8 CP?

Brakan is offline New Member

I recently started thinking that some of this isn't a bad idea if you think about possibly having different input devices maybe using a hand held to control a big screen computer ?

And is it really all that different to the newer non classic start button menus ? I'm currently just using a toolbar "ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu" and keyboard shortcuts. One thing I did find out is how easy it is with Metro to unpin all the tabs or tiles or whatever you want to call them. I was trying shortcuts, and somehow hitting the space bar was unpinning tiles. So I just kept hitting it until they were all gone. Definitely not child proof.

I've also noticed I get an old school menu right clicking the lower left off screen corner. And I get menus right clicking on individual icons pinned to the taskbar, so I can pin the start menu folder to the explorer or maybe I'll just add it to my favorites and forget menus and just use the explorer.

This metro stuff reminds me of Vaio Space on my Sony PC 1996
    Last edited by Brakan; 26th August 2012 at 02:17.

amar is offline New Member

Smile hey there is a solution check out below

Quote Originally Posted by hackerman1 View Post
    hi !

How can i remove / disable Metro UI in Windows 8 Consumer Preview?
    Well Microsoft has not made any announcement to remove metro ui however there are some tweaks that can help your removing that.
    technology-howto.com

preeuzee is offline New Member

Hi, I know it's too late to answer your question but this question is already solved there are lots of website on which you can learn the steps to remove metro UI. I would prefer to go to Microsoft they have some answer for you.

There are lots of posts to help you removing metro ui however if you want to add Start menu to windows 8 that will control the metro ui as well

I hope this will solve your question.

Please let me know if you find something better

amarjeet33 is offline New Member

Default Download tweaks

Quote Originally Posted by hackerman1 View Post
    well, i already have a few ideas....

i started doing some experiments yesterday....

i took a look at MS own W8-forum, a LOT of people are pi**ed off, talking about switching over to LINUX....
    and as someone posted there, itīs the same everywhere (other forums), Metro isnīt popular....
    i also have a few things to say about it, but iīm not sure i can post it here....
    Hello guys,

Why don't you try several tweaks available on the internet that can completely disable metro ui for you alternatively you can add start menu that will automatically control the visibility of metro UI.

please let me know if you find more on it

DominicW is offline Beginner

The new UI takes a bit of getting used to but it's starting to grow on me.

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by amarjeet33 View Post
    Hello guys,

Why don't you try several tweaks available on the internet that can completely disable metro ui for you alternatively you can add start menu that will automatically control the visibility of metro UI.

please let me know if you find more on it
    Which tweaks ?

There were no tweaks available when i posted....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234