Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Software that lets me choose which partitions to clone

jaylach is offline Windows Enthusiast

Sorry, whs, I in no way meant to offend...

Please keep in mind that my background in help forums is mostly in those designed for the novice. I still tend to think in that direction.

Your help, tutorial and links are appreciated. Basically I was trying to sort of smooth over what looked to be a discussion that could turn in to a fight. Sometimes the best of intentions can backfire. This may be one of those cases. Again, no offense intended.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

whs: Your help is definitely appreciated here - you have been an old member here - but if someone were to ask for a software, a link to its home page or download page would be expected and not a link directing him to visit another forum.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

I give up.

And jaylach - thanks for the kind words.

jaylach is offline Windows Enthusiast

whs, you are welcome on the thanks for 'the kind words' but the "I give up" worries me a bit...

You have been here a LOT longer than I and I value and respect your input. If you feel like you are being slighted PLEASE PM me. I can state as fact that no disrespect or insult is intended from my direction nor do I believe that any is intended from the direction of HappyAndyK.

Sigh, this is one downside of the internet. When one speaks to another via voice inflections of the voice carry as much weight as the words. When the same words are typed on a forum the vocal inflection is lost and often the true meaning of the words can be drastically distorted.

Unless somehow forced I will not mention this again in public. Please DO feel free to personally contact me on this.

whs

I know there was no disrespect or insult meant - at least I did not read the postings that way.

It is just that I always try to give people as much info as possible and I never had problems with that. And as far as this tutorial goes, 320.770 people viewed it to date and many found it very useful.

But I know the issue was not the tutorial. The issue was that the tutorial was on another forum. I remember times when Arnad had blocked any links to other forums.

I have to put my tutorial some place and I go where the most traffic is. Lately I put them on my OneDrive (example) . Then you can read them in your browser. I bet that would have been less of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    I remember times when Arnad had blocked any links to other forums.
    Since you bought this up, I guess I must tell the whole story.

You keep linking out to the same forum most of the times, thereby directing traffic out to the said forum - even when most of the resources are available on this site. Occasionally is fine - but almost always!? It is not acceptable - in fact some may even consider or unfair or unethical. Try to do that on other forums all the time and see what happens. I have requested you about this earlier too.

I had not blocked links to other forums. I had blocked a link to a forum who was removing our links (posted by others) from their forum.

I believe in the Internet being free and open where we all can share knowledge. You have to remember the contests we organised earlier to showcase and promote Windows blogs and forums. But some forums are known for removing other forums links including ours.

In fact, the said forum banned me, even when I was not posting any external links. There has also been a long thread on Sysnative Forums about how the particular forum had blocked other MVPs.

In any case it is also against most forum rules including ours. See 9: The Windows Club Forums Guidelines.

We should not be raking in the past - but I needed to clarify since you bought one side up publicly here.

I hope the matter can end here, hence closing thread.

PS: The name is Anand, btw.

whs

Default Answer to a closed thread

Hi Anand,

You closed this thread but I wanted to clarify a few points.

First I really apologize for misspelling your name. I think that happened to me already the second time. But at age 77 my memory is no more what it used to be. I will try to be correct next time.

Then, I do remember when John banned you and a bunch of other good people from the sevenforums. I gave him hell for that at the time because there was really no reason to make such a broad brush ban. Only a couple of people had displayed a strange behavior, but that was no reason to include a lot of innocent people. But John is the way he is and he ignored my comment.

Regarding my links to the sevenforums - I have parked appr. 50 of my tutorials there and this is the only place from where I can link them
    Recently I started to also post tutorials on OneDrive as PDFs. Then I can link the OneDrive Word Online link - Example. That is a more neutral place and should be no problem.
    I also have a lot of video tutorials and demos on Youtube - Example. Those are also neutral.

I did not want to stir up any controversy and hope this additional clarification settles the matter.

Happy New Year to you and all the members.

RolandJS is offline Senior Member

whs, I'm 63, and my memory isn't what it could be Happy New Year! And, I'm looking forward to your informative replies to my future Windows 7 Professional questions! See ya

whs

Happy New Year for you and your family too. I am 77 and still hopping. But you are right, the memory is not what it was at 40.

Thread moved here.

You forget you have some beautiful tutorials here also.
    http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/wind...-freeware.html
    http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/wind...tml#post150865

Wish you a happy new year too, whs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast