Thread: Problems installing recent Windows Updates - 0x80070057

jimorigami is offline New Member

Default Problems installing recent Windows Updates - 0x80070057

My wife and I have identical computers, but I refreshed the system on mine two weeks ago, and updated it with Windows Update. An HP printer update has been failing for many months on both computers, and an AMDBus update has been failing on my wife's computer since November 4. The Windows Update Troubleshooter keeps reporting the same fixes, no matter how many times I run it: "Windows Update error 0x80070057," "Problems installing recent updates," and "Service registration is missing or corrupt."

I only discovered all this because I was trying to fix a problem with our VPN apps, and someone said it might be a problem with Windows Update. The problem with our VPN apps is that they are unable to create new connections on my wife's computer, and the event log says that RasMan failed to start because it's unable to load one or more communication dlls. Apart from that, neither one of us is having any problems with our systems.

System: Windows 8.1 on an HP Envy m6-n010dx.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

This post will help you if you see message - Service Registration is Missing or Corrupt and this one helps with the 0x80070057 error.