Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tracking Real Time Blog Traffic

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Thumbs up Tracking Real Time Blog Traffic

This may interest webmasters and bloggers.

Geo-localization is a tracking and mapping procedure which allows an internet users’ geographic location to be identified when he accesses your blog , forum or internet site. This is achieved using his IP address. An internet users’ geographic location can be established using this process and is 97% reliable for tracing his country, 75% reliable for tracing his town or region.

While WinVistaClub uses Clustrmaps, there is one I came across on harimaurya.blogspot today. Here are some links.

ClustrMaps - Hit counter map widget and tracker shows locations of all visitors to any site - free (not real-time)
    http://www.geovisite.com/en/
    FEEDJIT real-time blog traffic feeds

If you know of some more, please post them.

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Nice find anand !!! Thanks

Hari Maurya is offline Senior Member

ClustrMaps.....Geovisite's Global visitor viewer.....and...Feedjit...are ...superb

due to them...atleast you came to know about the your visitor.

Choto Cheeta is offline Trusted Member

ClustrMaps is not at-least working for me failing to show real visit numbers there is around 5 / 6 times difference between AWStats or Google Analytic counting and cluster map

^True Clustrmaps does not detect or identify all ISPs, at most 60% only are shown in its stats vis-a-vis the awstats figures.

ClustrMaps Team is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Choto Cheeta View Post
    ClustrMaps is not at-least working for me failing to show real visit numbers there is around 5 / 6 times difference between AWStats or Google Analytic counting and cluster map
    Just wanted to say on behalf of the ClustrMaps Team that our FAQ page explains the statistical differences. We do not track realtime data, but are very accurate because we use overnight batch runs to deliver massively scalable maps very fast using our own proprietary clustering algorithms (i.e. "impossibly many dots in an impossibly small space, impossibly fast").

We define a 'visit' as a unique IP address seen within a 24 hour period (others may rely on '30-minute sessions', but this is a convention rather than a formal rule). Also, we only count the number of times our 'tracker' thumbnail map is delivered, whereas other counters may count other things, and may count multiple pages. These account for the differences: if you consider unique IP addresses that 'see' our thumbnail map in a 24-hour period, then this is a very clear and highly accurate measure of 'visitors'. Other tools use different definitions and track different pages: this account for the difference.

Many thanks for taking the time to look at ClustrMaps.

-CJ on behalf of the ClustrMaps Team

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    ^True Clustrmaps does not detect or identify all ISPs, at most 60% only are shown in its stats vis-a-vis the awstats figures.
    HappyAndyK, we use a third-party tool to do our IP-to-GeoLocation conversion, and it is generally considered to be the most esteemed and highly accurate outfit in the business. We update frequently, so I'm wondering if you could elaborate on where your 60% figure comes from.

Many thanks!

-CJ on behalf of the ClustrMaps Team

Hi ClustrMapsTeam

I am simply saying the same thing which Choto Cheeta above has said. The 60% figure I mentioned was just an approximation. What we meant was, our AWStats figure show much higher visits than are being shown by ClustrMaps. To quota an example, if a websites visits are, say, 8-9000 every day as per AWStats, they just show up as 4-5000 in ClustrMaps.

RobMargel is offline New Member

I use Structure Too Big still in beta but seems to work well using Virtual Earth maps - here is the link direct to my blog traffic WorldMap Report

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Hi ClustrMapsTeam

I am simply saying the same thing which Choto Cheeta above has said. The 60% figure I mentioned was just an approximation. What we meant was, our AWStats figure show much higher visits than are being shown by ClustrMaps. To quota an example, if a websites visits are, say, 8-9000 every day as per AWStats, they just show up as 4-5000 in ClustrMaps.
    Ah, yes, that % difference is indeed accounted for by our different counting methods. Again, we define a 'visit' as a unique IP address seen within a 24 hour period (others typically rely on '30-minute sessions'), and we only count the number of times our 'tracker' thumbnail map is delivered, whereas other counters may count other things, and may count multiple pages.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast