Thread: Promising CodePlex Projects

iMav is offline Gold Member

Default Promising CodePlex Projects

Promising CodePlex Projects

Some cool Open Source projects from Microsoft's Open Source arm - CodePlex.

Many of you might be knowing the Open Source arm of Microsoft - CodePlex. It has some really awesome applications. I have been following the site for quite some time now. It is filled with applications that make software development a breeze and it also has some really nifty tools that help you in efficiently using your Windows PCs.

1. Vista Battery Saver:

This one is really sweet. It’s a simple application that allows you to turn ON or OFF the Window Vista Sidebar & Aero at specified battery %. Also, allowing you to customize as to whether you want a notification message when Sidebar & Aero are disabled/enabled.

Download Page | Project Page

2. Wireless Migrator:

The idea is pretty cool, something I feel that Windows 7 should have within it when it ships. The tool backs-up and restores all wireless network settings from your computer.

Project Page
    | Download Page

3. QuickLaunch:

This one is my favorite and the most useful for XP users & Vista users who have turned off the Search Index IMO. A simple stand-alone application which consumes very less memory as compared to the work it does. QuickLaunch allows you to quickly launch your documents/files/programs anything that you index. It’s the Vista’s Start Bar search on your desktop.

You can define the folders you want to be indexed and also exclude the files with certain extensions, which is pretty cool.

Project Page | Download Page

5. Vista/XP Virtual Desktop Manager:

This one brought CodePlex into the news some weeks back. A virtual desktop manager giving you 4 desktops to switch from, making for a less cluttered desktop.

Project Page | Download Page
    [...] Continue reading...
    Last edited by iMav; 1st October 2008 at 13:16.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Link Broken - 'Not Found : Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here'.

Maybe you'd like to consider posting the full article here.

iMav is offline Gold Member

Manually importing every link & image is a very daunting task. Is it possible that when I copy paste the text, it's link is also copied?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Nice compilation. QuickLaunch looks pretty useful. Must try it.