Thread: Microsoft should offer attractive 'Vista to Win 7' upgrade pricing options.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Default Microsoft should offer attractive 'Vista to Win 7' upgrade pricing options.

Microsoft hyped Vista uncontrollably, imo, raising expectations too much, too soon. Abandoning the Vista brand must be causing tremendous pain to Microsoft, what with so much already having been sunk in its branding.

But Vista had got bad press, and maybe Microsoft didnt want to take chances with Vista SE kind of names, hence the safe bet : Windows 7.

Enterprises & Individuals who have not yet moved to Vista may now decide to wait for Windows 7. Vista deployment may just stall.

What Microsoft needs to do, is offer attractive 'Vista to Win 7' upgrade pricing options. Only way it can ensure continued Vista deployment and easy transition.

DustinH is offline Senior Member

Microsoft usually does offer an upgrade option with a lower price than the full version.

And with release dates looming closer, deployment usually does somewhat stall before a new OS release. A lot of users decided to wait on buying a new PC or purchasing Windows XP several months before the release of Windows XP.

These are both reasons why Microsoft had offered the free upgrade (attractive upgrade pricing?) for OEM XP purchases before Vista was released. Express Upgrade, anyone? I'd welcome that with Windows 7 any time.

Microsoft just needs to deliver this time. We were promised a lot before the release, but a lot was cut out of the final release. WinFS, for example. I am still a huge fan of Vista, and haven't had any issues with it, though! Been using it since early beta's, and loving it! Windows 7 looks to bring a lot of fixes to the Vista core, and basically be what Vista was meant to be.

iMav is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by PC509 View Post
    basically be what Vista was meant to be.
    +1. I am hoping that Strata & 7 have amazing alliance amongst themselves.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I think Starta and 7 will !

Incidentally, there could be a scenario when availability of Windows Vista SP2 and Windows 7 RTM could overlap. And if Vista SP2 looks competetant enough to rival Windows 7, it may create confusion, since Windows 7 is supposed to be just 'better Vista'.

So I am guessing that Microsoft will keep development on Vista on hold now and focus all innovation on Windows 7.