Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Microsoft Why ?

dr4977 is offline New Member

Default Why Microsoft Why ?

Ok here goes who else feels like microsoft is just ripping everyone off they release vista with all its problems and two years later kapow they are now talking about windows 7 release.

It seems that one os after another (95/98/2000/Me) all with a life of three or less years are thrown at the public with increased cost to the user and because they can't get the problems fixed and apple releases a better more stable and virus, malware, bug free os now mirosoft send yet one more half assed attempt to line the pockets of gates to the world and expect the public to pay hundreds of dollars more for another os that will not work as they promise (windows 7) and last 2-3 years i think that people should now be thinking about sending a message to microsoft and telling them enough is enough stop ripping off the public or we will take our money and next time invest in a better fat cat (leopard) and buy a computer with an apple on the front saying once and forever to miocrosoft goodbye

iMav is offline Gold Member

Considering you have given the example of OS X, here is the OS X timeline:

OS X 10.1 (Cheetah) 2001

Mac OS X v10.1 (Puma) 2001

Mac OS X v10.2 (Jaguar) 2002

Mac OS X v10.3 (Panther) 2003

Mac OS X v10.4 (Tiger) 2005

Mac OS X v10.5 (Leopard) 2007

Mac OS X v10.6 (Snow Leopard) Announced 2008

I find Microsoft's time line much better, considering the SPs are free upgrades. So dude, if you want to compare, research always helps. Besides, Vista came after 5 years and 7 is coming 3 years after Vista.

Stan57 is offline Beginner

I would also research Apples OS bugs. There are plenty of Apple help forums filled with there OS problems. Search for it,but then i don't think your a windows user anyways.

Heres 1 of 7,950,000 hit for apple help forums

Apple Macintosh - Tech Support Guy Forums

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

XP to Vista took 5 years ... a large gap actually.
    Vista to 7 gap was expected to be 3-4 years as per Microsofts stated product lifecycle policy.

In view of the bad press that Vista brand name received, it is my opinion that, MS decided to rush a bit with Windows 7 release, and we would have Win7 now releasing on time, thats around Xmas 2009 or max Q1 2010.

JFYI, Vista users will get Windows 7 upgrade option at a really minimal cost.

Microsoft is planning a Windows 7 Tech Guarantee Program, where end users who purchase Vista systems will have the option (for a limited time) of upgrading to Windows 7. Microsoft's Tech Guarantee Program (being readied) enables upgrading to a corresponding product at a minimal cost**

Eligible Editions : Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Ultimate
    Eligible Languages : Wave 0 to Wave 4
    Available Upgrade Paths : Like-to-like product paths only (e.g. from Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium)

Once Windows 7 is released, OEMs can send Windows 7 upgrade disks to end-users who qualify. The Windows 7 installation will require end-user activation.

It also appears that Windows 7 will have as many versions as Vista.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Stan57 View Post
    I would also research Apples OS bugs. There are plenty of Apple help forums filled with there OS problems. Search for it,but then i don't think your a windows user anyways.

Heres 1 of 7,950,000 hit for apple help forums

Apple Macintosh - Tech Support Guy Forums
    well just for your information i have been a windows user since 95 was issued and i really don't think that just cos your a windows fan stan the man it gives you the right to tell me what i am or am not if you want to tell me that my opinions are wrong thats fine do that but i think that if you asked the vast crowd of angry vista users that they would say that in no respect is microsoft being fair

and another thing it seems that the idea of having to upgrade your os at a cost of $399 when vista came out makes you happy and i amsure that when windows 7 comes out that you will be camped outside best buy with the money in your hot llittle hand to buy yet another bug ridden microsoft product and if you can say with hand on heart that you think service pack 1 from microsoft showed it as a well thought out os that was almost bug free you need a long slow route canal on your brain get a grip and stop being a spokes person for a corporation that does not need you
    i still say and will continue to do so that microsoft needs to be held accountable for the farce that is vista and if vista is so great then why are dell now doing a so called down grade to xp from vista and why are so many buying that so called down grade

once again i think that a reasoned argument on some points of disagreement are fine but do not tell me what i am or am not

and i have just gone to the site that you suggested and a lot of the problems seem to be hardware related

also i did a search on vista problems and got 1.4 million hits on just that i wonder how many there would be if i did a windows base pc problem search
    Last edited by dr4977; 21st November 2008 at 05:50. Reason: spelling

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    XP to Vista took 5 years ... a large gap actually.
    Vista to 7 gap was expected to be 3-4 years as per Microsofts stated product lifecycle policy.

In view of the bad press that Vista brand name received, it is my opinion that, MS decided to rush a bit with Windows 7 release, and we would have Win7 now releasing on time, thats around Xmas 2009 or max Q1 2010.

Microsoft is planning a Windows 7 Tech Guarantee Program, where end users who purchase Vista systems will have the option (for a limited time) of upgrading to Windows 7. Microsoft's Tech Guarantee Program (being readied) enables upgrading to a corresponding product at a minimal cost**

Eligible Editions : Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Ultimate
    Eligible Languages : Wave 0 to Wave 4
    Available Upgrade Paths : Like-to-like product paths only (e.g. from Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium)

Once Windows 7 is released, OEMs can send Windows 7 upgrade disks to end-users who qualify. The Windows 7 installation will require end-user activation.

It also appears that Windows 7 will have as many versions as Vista.
    ok where do you send for this and why should you have to do anything other than wait for this bug ridden thing to be replaced also if there is as you guys seem to think a happyness with vista how come the microsoft boys are doing this whole mojave thing to try to lessen the impact of vistas flaws

Stan57 is offline Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by dr4977 View Post
    well just for your information i have been a windows user since 95 was issued and i really don't think that just cos your a windows fan stan the man it gives you the right to tell me what i am or am not if you want to tell me that my opinions are wrong thats fine do that but i think that if you asked the vast crowd of angry vista users that they would say that in no respect is microsoft being fair

and another thing it seems that the idea of having to upgrade your os at a cost of $399 when vista came out makes you happy and i amsure that when windows 7 comes out that you will be camped outside best buy with the money in your hot llittle hand to buy yet another bug ridden microsoft product and if you can say with hand on heart that you think service pack 1 from microsoft showed it as a well thought out os that was almost bug free you need a long slow route canal on your brain get a grip and stop being a spokes person for a corporation that does not need you
    i still say and will continue to do so that microsoft needs to be held accountable for the farce that is vista and if vista is so great then why are dell now doing a so called down grade to xp from vista and why are so many buying that so called down grade

once again i think that a reasoned argument on some points of disagreement are fine but do not tell me what i am or am not

and i have just gone to the site that you suggested and a lot of the problems seem to be hardware related

also i did a search on vista problems and got 1.4 million hits on just that i wonder how many there would be if i did a windows base pc problem search
    The cost of windows, 399.00 after what? 5 years and supported for at least 10 years, i would say thats a bargain. And that price is for an upgrade or full install,windows doesn't cost but around 50 bucks when its preinstalled on a new computer buy.

What does it cost to update Apple every year? 99.00 per year. I have no clue what the end of life is for apple but i don't think its supported for 10 years like windows is. But you do have to pay an apple tax to upgrade an apple for what amounts to bug fixes.

You get 1.4 million because windows dominates the computer market and apple has what? 10% i'd say that numbers are about right. I wont be camped out to get windows 7 but i will get it the day its released full well knowing that the system will have bugs. No OS when first released is bug free,none. Name one OS that is bug free?? you cant because they don't exists.

The farce that is Vista, hmmmm, not in my experience. It runs very well for me, but then i used the upgrade adviser before i got it and it said i needed a better processor, so i bought one and Vista runs like a top. I would expect that allot of people that upgraded didn't bother to use the upgrade adviser or if they did they didn't upgrade what it says they should have.

And i call it as i see it, you don't talk like a person that uses Vista or windows and more like an OSS fan. If that bothers you, sorry but i still think you r an OSS user or an Apple user.

David R. Norton is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    I wonder if this would apply to me? I got my versions of Vista through the MSDN but I'm no longer a member.

I suspect the low cost upgrades would be only for those who purchased Vista ?

Sprite141 is offline Beginner

So what is this windows 7 I keep hearing about?
    And if it is a new OS, first they should fix vista first...first. And second, they better give us Vista users a cheap upgrade cost.
    I mean, Vista came with my CPU, and its not all that bad, but if they make something better first without making this one alot better then... then...
    Well then actually nothing. But it's the principle of the thing.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Windows 7 = Vista 'fixed' plus more

Yes, only those who have purchased Vista would get the low-cost upgrade option, afaik.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast