DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Shoutbox

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I remember someone writing recently here, that in most forums it is the general chit-chat sections which are usually the cause for differences in opinions.

OK then any discussion which offends any nationality, religion, sex, community is best left alone.

Lets move on please ...

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    I remember someone writing recently here, that in most forums it is the general chit-chat sections which are usually the cause for differences in opinions.

OK then any discussion which offends any nationality, religion, sex, community is best left alone.

Lets move on please ...
    Ok boss

roraniel is offline Gold Member

You are correct. However our constitution and all state constitutions provide a method of removing elected officials from the office they hold.

For Governors and the President the method is to basically charge the official with conduct not befitting the office and have a trial. If convicted, the ultimate punishment is removal from office with a super majority vote in the house (In this case the Illinois Senate and the vote was 59-0 to remove). So you see, they do not technically have to be guilty of a crime, just poor conduct.

The constitution also provides for succession. In this case the Lieutenant Governor becomes Governor. He was elected to the position of Lieutenant Governor by being the Governors running mate and those who vote understand the succession plan.

Some say this is what hurt John McCain in our recent election because people did not believe Sara Palin was capable of taking over if something happened to McCain.

Quote Originally Posted by seti View Post
    yes that was on our news here> I don't get it I thought you had a totally elected government unlike the UK (you know about the House of Lords) and that the only way that a person got into your government was through that.

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by roraniel View Post
    You are correct. However our constitution and all state constitutions provide a method of removing elected officials from the office they hold.

For Governors and the President the method is to basically charge the official with conduct not befitting the office and have a trial. If convicted, the ultimate punishment is removal from office with a super majority vote in the house (In this case the Illinois Senate and the vote was 59-0 to remove). So you see, they do not technically have to be guilty of a crime, just poor conduct.

The constitution also provides for succession. In this case the Lieutenant Governor becomes Governor. He was elected to the position of Lieutenant Governor by being the Governors running mate and those who vote understand the succession plan.

Some say this is what hurt John McCain in our recent election because people did not believe Sara Palin was capable of taking over if something happened to McCain.
    thanks that clears things up for me as I am sure that it will for others not living in the USA

skidmark is offline Windows Enthusiast

My apologies all, no offense intended. I read it as just a quirky exchange between 3 people.

v3loc1ty is offline Gold Member

no damage has been done. enjoy the rest of the forum bro

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    My apologies all, no offense intended. I read it as just a quirky exchange between 3 people.
    Thank you for that, no problem here, but we should all remember that this is site is used by all people regardless of age race sex (male/female) religion and sexual orientation and what we might find funny might cause upset to another which was the point that I was really trying to make if heavy handly. So as Andy says let's all move on and just enjoy this forum

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

My brother had a baby boy at 3am on 30th Jan. He's the first boy born in our family for 23 years. JR (A very happy Uncle)

roraniel is offline Gold Member

Congratulations Uncle Rotton!

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

Thanks Roraniel.

Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast