Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Technets Fix-it Blog

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Thumbs up Microsoft Technets Fix-it Blog

Have you ever come across a Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article or been presented with a Windows Error Reporting (WER) solution and asked yourself, why can't Microsoft just fix this for me? Today KB articles and WER solutions provide you with a list of steps that can be followed to resolve your issue. However, tomorrow looks much different and we hope it helps you resolve any issues you have with our products faster and easier.

Launched quietly in Nov 2008, the Fix-it Blog team's purpose is to automate the steps in Microsoft KB articles and Windows Error Reporting (WER) solutions so you can click a button and have the issue resolved.

Here is an example of how they work:

Fix it for me blog : Rename File or Folder Does Not Exist Fix it Live!
    Why do I receive the following error message when I use Windows Explorer in Windows Vista to rename folders: "The file or folder does not exist"

The KB articles which wont trouble you with lenghty how-to's. They just fix it for you.

A great beginning... an idea long overdue

iMav is offline Gold Member

Hmmm ... will go through what they come up with now.

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

Excellent idea.MS is doing many great things these days.

Doug_72 is offline Senior Member

now that's better i'd rather have microsoft fix things for me

seti is offline Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tweakwindows View Post
    Excellent idea.MS is doing many great things these days.
    for those who knock microsoft which we all do occasionally, we forget just how many great things it is doing at the moment and this as tweakwindows says is excellent.

Paulscho is offline MSFT - FixIt Blog

Hi,

I am involved with the FixIt project and wanted to thank the folks commenting.

Thanks Also HappyAndyK for putting this out there (this was picked up by several other locations from your initial posting Andy).

We are very happy to have technical forums pick this up as a topic, and would welcome your feedback, either to the fixit4me alias, or you are welcome to write me directly as well-my email alias is paulscho. We are continuing to develop automated solutions for content, as well as expanding into the Windows Error Reporting (Watson) solutions. We would welcome your thoughts here on this blog, or our blog cited above, or email. I would also welcome you to join our Facebook page, which is call Microsoft Product Quality Online. If you have suggestions for automated content, or general feedback, then please send it along.

Sincerely,
    Paul

Good to have you here Paulscho Could you PM me your email id ? We will surely be in touch. Congrats and Thanks for your wonderful initiative!

alsiladka is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paulscho View Post
    Hi,

I am involved with the FixIt project and wanted to thank the folks commenting.

Thanks Also HappyAndyK for putting this out there (this was picked up by several other locations from your initial posting Andy).

We are very happy to have technical forums pick this up as a topic, and would welcome your feedback, either to the fixit4me alias, or you are welcome to write me directly as well-my email alias is paulscho. We are continuing to develop automated solutions for content, as well as expanding into the Windows Error Reporting (Watson) solutions. We would welcome your thoughts here on this blog, or our blog cited above, or email. I would also welcome you to join our Facebook page, which is call Microsoft Product Quality Online. If you have suggestions for automated content, or general feedback, then please send it along.

Sincerely,
    Paul
    Appreciate you coming to the forum and commenting Paul. I love this attitude from developers, shows the users that they are being heard!
    just one query, what is the latter half of your email id hotmail?

Paulscho is offline MSFT - FixIt Blog

Thanks Andy for the warm welcome and coverage. Answering both you and Alsiladka's questions, the email to reach both myself and the leads for the effort is fixit4me@microsoft.com. Alternatively you can use our blog or see us at Facebook, as we're in the group Microsoft Product Quality Online. My direct email is paulscho@microsoft.com, and you are welcome to directly mail me there. We are seeking this kind of technical forum because we'd like to work with our peers and contributors in blogs like this to engage the technical community for FixIt. Please feel free to write us. I will check back on this post as well, but again, we'd welcome commentary or feedback in any of the avenues above.

Sincerely,
    Paul
    Last edited by Paulscho; 7th January 2009 at 13:36.

^Great and thanks for sharing your id. Those interested may please take note.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast