Thread: Microsoft's Legal & Policy Blog - Microsoft On The Issues

iMav is offline Gold Member

Thumbs up Microsoft's Legal & Policy Blog - Microsoft On The Issues

The Microsoft Corporate Affairs team launched the Microsoft On The Issues blog today to cover & discuss legal and policy issues related to Microsoft.

Welcome to Microsoft On The Issues - Microsoft On The Issues

Today we are launching "Microsoft on the Issues" to open another, more direct line of communication that will enable us to quickly and succinctly provide our perspective on the pressing technology matters of the day. We do not want this to be a one-way conversation. We want to create a transparent dialogue with readers and stakeholders. We want to enhance our participation in discussions that propel policy-making at local, national and international levels.
    Microsoft is blogging a lot lately. That's a very good sign, as it offers one more channel to interact. This will help change people's perceptions as they get a direct source of information & communication.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Interesting development ! Suddenly tight-lipped Microsoft seems to be in a mood to talk and talk

Thanks for the heads up, iMav !

seti is offline Member

Very interesting but then if you don't talk to your customers you aren't going give them what they want are you.

Your statement reminds one of Steve Jobs most apt quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Jobs
    You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.
    The idea shouldn't be what customers want, but how you can improve what you have. That's just my opinion though.

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new
    I completely agree with Steve Jobs.

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by iMav View Post
    Your statement reminds one of Steve Jobs most apt quotes:

The idea shouldn't be what customers want, but how you can improve what you have. That's just my opinion though.
    But then they might not want the "improvements" that you have, and why are companies spending so much money on market research if not to give the customers what they want. Betamax was a far superior product but it wasn't what the customer wanted. CV5 was a great idea but not what the customer wanted. If I don't sell what my customers want I go out of business it's that simple, and from the look of things apple will be out of business soon as well

^^ It's quite a subjective topic IMO. 1 may choose either way. Might work, might not work.