Thread: i didnt realize they have windows 8

v3loc1ty is offline Gold Member

Default i didnt realize they have windows 8

from wincustomize forum..i snagged this.. looks cool.

image very large-

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/8060/15643161vl3.jpg

but since i dont use IE for surfing i dont need to upgrade to any IE specifications
    Last edited by v3loc1ty; 23rd January 2009 at 19:40. Reason: 1

alsiladka is offline Senior Member

Huh? What is this topic about? What looks cool... and Where does Windows 8 come into the frame? And what do you mean by IE specifications?

It is just Windows Vista with the taskbar stretched to the max!

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by alsiladka View Post
    Huh? What is this topic about? What looks cool... and Where does Windows 8 come into the frame? And what do you mean by IE specifications?

It is just Windows Vista with the taskbar stretched to the max!
    That's exactly what I thought. Glad i'm not going mad

ok lol. but what do you think of windows 8? the next great thing for windows development team?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Sure there is a Windows 8. Microsoft had on its website advertised for a job with the following specs/description a few months back : "Working with the Windows 8 planning organization [and] participating in the Windows 8 planning process." But MS wont talk about it for obvious reasons.

Singularity (operating system) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia may also interest you.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Sure there is a Windows 8. Microsoft had on its website advertised for a job with the following specs/description a few months back : "Working with the Windows 8 planning organization [and] participating in the Windows 8 planning process." But MS wont talk about it for obvious reasons.

Singularity (operating system) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia may also interest you.
    Andy, there is no Windows 8, but there will be.

The job description clearly calls for participation in the planning process, the end result of which will be the starting of develoption of Window 8.

But back to the topic, v3locity, please do explain what was the purpose of the topic and what you meant in the first post!

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

We never will know for sure whether anything in MS exists but its a reasonable assumption that "Windows 8" or whatever its code-name would and does exist; albeit in a planning & development stage and it is expected to be for x64 only. This blog had caught some nice job descriptions, which now, however, do not seem to exist.

But then as the dialogue in Godfather goes : If I tell you more (about Windows 8); I'd have to kill you !

uuuhhhmmm.... i guess the dialogue speaks volumes
    And thank god its x64 only (hopefully), unless and untill MS lashes the whip, people wont make the swtich!

I personally believe they made a mistake in shipping the Home Media Server in x86. It should have been exclusivily developed in x64, and as it was a completely new OS and needed new softwares, it could have started the move towards x64 commercially!

pardon me gents.. guess i was very interested in this when i first read about it. i just thought it would be of interest to people here. sorry for getting peoples hopes up high if it it did perceive in that way

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by v3loc1ty View Post
    pardon me gents.. guess i was very interested in this when i first read about it. i just thought it would be of interest to people here. sorry for getting peoples hopes up high if it it did perceive in that way
    I had heard that it was in development, but from what I gathered it was just a code name as Longhorn was for Vista back before XP Service Pack 1. A company like Microsfoft has to be forward thinking an ideas get expressed and then become public somehow. Stop worrying about what others think, the idea of the forum is to present things and see what others come up with